Messages Page Unreachable

I have a new message, however, upon going to the message page I receive the error on my screen of

This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!

I came across this just now, 5:25 AM PST, December 17th, 2020.

This is occurring to me in my usual browser of choice, Google Chrome.
ezgif.com-gif-maker (22)

As well as on my iPhone 8+ using Safari.

15 Likes

Cannot confirm. I am using Google Chrome on Windows 10.

I belive it’s based on the amount of messages you may have.

3 Likes

Can’t confirm on Android 13 version of the app

3 Likes

Mine looks to be fine, I think I’ve probably got 250 messages maximum. Have you tried clearing cookies?

2 Likes

I only have one new message, and maybe like 4-5 messages in my inbox.

Clearing cookies fixed my issues on Chrome on PC.

Clearing cookies on my phone however did not fix this for my phone, and now the problem has re-appeared on my PC. Quite strange.

6 Likes

Have you tried using the Roblox app? Does that work for you?

2 Likes

Hadn’t thought to try the app. Same error on the app.

4 Likes

This suggestion will probably be useless but have you tried changing your privacy settings and then changing them back again?

2 Likes

This changed nothing.
Safari on Mobile.
Chrome on PC.
Roblox Mobile App.

All 3 displaying the same error.

3 Likes

Have you tried using another non-Chromium based browser? For example, Firefox maybe could solve the issue.

1 Like

Safari isn’t Chromium (pretty sure it’s WebKit) and his Roblox mobile app on iPhone won’t be Chromium either (reason why is all iPhone apps that use Internet have to use WebKit as far as I’m aware).

@GeorgeOfAIITrades I honestly don’t know how we can help now, it’s obviously a small Roblox bug. I’m going to see if sending you a Roblox message fixes anything. Sent!

1 Like

I’m getting this exact same problem on my own inventory page just now. Would keep happening when I refreshed until I cleared cache and hard refreshed. Now it is fine.
12/18/2020 - 14:24 PST

6 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

12 Likes

This just happened to me right now on Firefox.

Update: It’s fixed for me now
Update2: Nevermind It’s broken again now.

3 Likes

Can also confirm this is happening however, mines has a noticeable “pattern?”

When clicking on a person’s profile, as soon as it nearly finishes loading, it redirects to the inventory and leads to the message.

It even happens on my own profile
https://streamable.com/fjrh9i

2 Likes

We think this was caused by a bad web server that we have now replaced. Please post here if you are still seeing this.

4 Likes

Same issue is still happening to me on my own inventory page. Refreshing / clearing cache does not help.
11:50 PM PST, 12/22/2020

2 Likes

Gah, apologies, we found another bad server. Are you still seeing this issue? If so, it would be helpful if you could tell us which server is giving you that response. You can find it by opening your web browser dev tools (usually F12 on Windows) and looking at the head element’s data-machine-id property. My browser was on WEB2382:

8 Likes

I’m starting to see it as of now whenever I click the “Create/Develop” page

During 9:05 PM EST, December 28, 2020.
Using: Windows 10
Browser: Google Chrome

I tried refreshing and clearing the cache as well and nothing seems to work.

The server that is giving me that response is:

I also see it whenever I click the “Group” page.

Update:
It’s happening on the ROBLOX App too

1 Like

The machine giving me a bad page for my inventory is WEB2073 @ 19:20 PST 12/28/2020.

2 Likes