MessagingService Release

Amazing. Even though I will probably not use it, but when it’s rolled out, it will be a great thing to have!

2 Likes

This is awesome!
Been waiting for this since ages, so many possibilities!

yeeee boi, lets have some fun with this.

1 Like

I can do proper matchmaking now! (kind of)

3 Likes

Already thinking of how many things you can do with this, pretty much an endless list! Thanks again, roblox team.

You can check out my findings here for help :slight_smile: Cross-Server Matchmaking Module

4 Likes

Pretty interesting, been waiting for this for a long time now!

3 Likes

I have been anticipating this for so long. I am so excited at the moment.

1 Like

Couldn’t you filter it before Publishing it? Since the player is in the server they send the message from. Other servers just get the already filtered text

3 Likes

This has been a needed feature, this will be very useful! :hushed:

1 Like

and when will you introduce an api to do all this stuff externally, for example, via some webapi

1 Like

That’s not really needed as you can already communicate to a server via your own hosted server. There’s not really a need to have an external api for this.

1 Like

that is indeed true but it’d be great if you could do this without having to drain your max http requests per minute and instantaneously

1 Like

You should file a separate feature request thread using the post approval procedure (see rules for info) with detailed description and use cases so they can understand why you want that.

7 Likes

Doesn’t Roblox’s shutdown all servers button do this?

2 Likes

Yes, but I do not recommend clicking that button for a popular game unless absolutely necessary.

3 Likes

Can you please explain why?

2 Likes

He’s already explained it? Massive amount of people rejoining would kill the datastores if the game uses it. Also presuming it’ll put stress on the server to have to deal with the massive rejoin.

3 Likes

From personal experience using the shutdown button on Adopt Me, it appears to shutdown servers gradually over time instead of all at once. So I’m also curious why it’s recommended not to use that button besides it being disruptive for players

12 Likes

This is amazing, I can’t wait to see all the implementations of this.

1 Like