MessagingService Release

Thank you so much! Removes the need of using datastore for something that it was not really intended to be used for.

10 Likes

FINALLY, global server lists here we come

4 Likes

Great to see this, will this work theouggout other games also? Or just in the same game?

1 Like

It doesn’t seem possible since it will break if too many messages could be sent over the limit per minute if you have say 1000 people in your game.

2 Likes

this is very amazing

3 Likes

Is this place wide, universe/game wide or creator wide? It looks like the middle one but I just wanted to check.

2 Likes

We can now stop using Datastores to do this stuff!
Amazing Update.

4 Likes

Game-wide.

The MessagingService allows game servers in the same game to communicate with each other

3 Likes

Amazing. Even though I will probably not use it, but when it’s rolled out, it will be a great thing to have!

2 Likes

This is awesome!
Been waiting for this since ages, so many possibilities!

yeeee boi, lets have some fun with this.

1 Like

I can do proper matchmaking now! (kind of)

3 Likes

Already thinking of how many things you can do with this, pretty much an endless list! Thanks again, roblox team.

You can check out my findings here for help :slight_smile: Cross-Server Matchmaking Module

4 Likes

Pretty interesting, been waiting for this for a long time now!

3 Likes

I have been anticipating this for so long. I am so excited at the moment.

1 Like

Couldn’t you filter it before Publishing it? Since the player is in the server they send the message from. Other servers just get the already filtered text

3 Likes

This has been a needed feature, this will be very useful! :hushed:

1 Like

and when will you introduce an api to do all this stuff externally, for example, via some webapi

1 Like

That’s not really needed as you can already communicate to a server via your own hosted server. There’s not really a need to have an external api for this.

1 Like