Meta Quest Open Beta Now Available for Download

this is absolutely amazing!!! having an app to play on is so much easier to access than having to connect to a pc.

14 Likes

Absolute W update. Canā€™t wait to see players playing in VR.

14 Likes

Excellent, this opens a whole new set of doors for developers and accessibility for the platform.

19 Likes

I tried and I must say that I was hoping for a smoother experience.

• You have to have graphics level low to play smoothly.
  • Controllers sometimes just lag behind or are stuck in place.
  • The little bar at the bottom pops up way to much and kinda destroys the immersive gameplay.

Though I am sure things will improve and I am hyped to see what developers do with this!

20 Likes

Dude, this is super exciting, Iā€™m going to try this out rn!

19 Likes

Just tried it out, and a few issues:

• LineHandleAdornments arenā€™t visible, this is a big issue since my game uses these to show the player what their hand is pointing at

• Performance is choppy, even in the home menu of the app

• No category for games that prioritize VR

• Highlight effects are weird, arenā€™t fully filled

Other than that, it works fairly well, no input or tracking issues so far.

20 Likes

I seem to be able to see players through walls due to how the screen goes a bit jelly like where players are even when behind a wall.

16 Likes

This is extremely cool, but also the perfect opportunity to revive the discussion towards more graphic settings.

Most VR games unfortunately cannot run properly over a level of 6+ on a Quest 2, which reduces the render distance below 7 as well. If only weā€™d have more accessibility to what we can lower down and what not :thinking:

Other than that, it works as it should. I just think we require more settings to control how far we can see while lowering down texture quality, effects and such. Otherwise, this is how youā€™ll be playing something something such as VR Hands:

31 Likes

Out of curiosity, are there currently any plans to release apps for other headsets like the Pico 4?

20 Likes

Roblox works pretty good on the quest BUT a lot of VR games are locked to PCVR and Iā€™m not sure if there are any games on the Meta Quest yet but there should be a category for specifically VR games.
Another thing that is long overdue is a proper graphics setting. The bar isnā€™t doing it anymore and players should be able to change every bit of their settings, including view distance. This is a issue I regularly face on VR.

15 Likes

Awesome! Iā€™m currently not home but when I come back I will make sure to check this awesome update out!

Good job to the team behind this!

15 Likes

Awesome! Would love to try this out!

14 Likes

The new app is working great so far, Thank you for getting this out!

There is one request I have for the game weā€™re working on. Please change the topbar menu locationā€“it breaks immersion in VR-designed apps, especially when interacting with things on the ground.

14 Likes

I canā€™t wait to test this out for myself on my Quest 2!

9 Likes

This is very cool, only issue Iā€™m having currently is the performance. Games feels very choppy and sorta awful causing you to lower your graphics to one but it sacrifices all immersion.

14 Likes

Agree, hopefully the auto settings for quest 3 will allow higher. First thing I did when trying my app was to increase the graphics quality manually, which does work, but probably affects battery life (fortuanately I have a link cable)

14 Likes

Currently using it and it is very well made. This is looking grate for social gameplays

11 Likes

I have been waiting for this moment. It is great! More games need support

12 Likes

I tried it and a lot is missing, no camera sentivity, canā€™t view certain pages, and the menu button doesnā€™t work as I expect it to work like. Hope all of these problems can be fixed once its out of lab

13 Likes

There little bug to it still it can barely handle graphics in full, the first problem I see with it but all in that no others issues to it.

7 Likes