Meta Quest Open Beta Now Available for Download

seems for me that after swapping games about 3 or 4 times, roblox entirely stops working and requires me to restart my headset

7 Likes

Pretty sad to see that this doesn’t support older VR devices such as Oculus Rift. I guess going through my computer would still be the easier way to play VR for me…

8 Likes

will this be compatible with other devices that use similar software?
I have a pimax 5k, a lesser known but amazing headset that currently wont work with roblox as far as I know.

8 Likes

just imagine how did peoples play roblox obby with the VR

5 Likes

I tried it out on my game and it worked fairly well.

I was able to fly the biplane and land it!
(tip: look at the xbox controls they basically translate to the VR controls)

Skydiving wasn’t the best, because the character falls away from the view unless you’re in first person.
First person was OK, you can’t see yourself falling but at least you can steer yourself, and keep the camera in proximity to your avatar.

Maybe there are other camera follow modes that I didn’t find yet.

I wish the ‘full graphics’ worked better. It still doesn’t render stuff at medium distances even with it set to max graphics.

7 Likes

I already had several bugs happening to me, in-game UI being stretched out too much, scrolling through sorts somethimes ended up going out of my control and ending up with a “seizure” the GUI experienced…

7 Likes

This sounds like it makes sense. The Quest doesn’t have the upgraded hardware of the Quest 2, so it wouldn’t run roblox stand-alone. Using a PC to make up the GPU power difference is the solution for sure - or you’d need a newer headset with better onboard components.

7 Likes

I remember when I first got the Quest 2 I wanted to play Roblox, I linked the Quest with my PC and tried it but sadly my PC wasn’t compatible. After nearly three years I can finally play and it truly delivers. The amount of existing VR games that are supported are astonishing and I played a game that didn’t even feel like Roblox. Truly one of the best updates/additions Roblox has ever had.

8 Likes

I feel like there should be an option for the vignette to be always on opposed to just when moving in first-person. The toggling feels jarring to me. Maybe fading it in/out would be good. :person_shrugging:

The biggest issue I was having was with the resolution of various textures/text. (Roblox’s app, my own game, and other games on Roblox.) Roblox has a limit on what we can upload, 1024x1024 if I’m not mistaken. Some images/icons in my game are lower quality than that, which I’ll be sure to update now that I know how jarring it is.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to test this out, It’s extremely useful to finally have it on meta quest.

6 Likes

its probably the client honestly

4 Likes

This is only good for users who don’t have a computer or travel without a computer.

5 Likes

Having a portable VR set ≠ Not having a computer

7 Likes

please tell me you are joking, because I can’t tell

9 Likes

nah but roblox defo too laggy for the quest :sob:

6 Likes

this is a very good update! but will this expand onto the oculus rift s? if so that would be very fantastic!

2 Likes

It’s been already released for PCVR for years now?

I can’t tell if some of you are joking or just lack basic inteligence

2 Likes

You’re missing the point; the problem with PCVR is that it requires your computer to have specific hardware requirements in order to run VR Games, whereas the Meta Quest app is something you download directly to the headset so that you don’t need to spend a couple hundred more dollars on a VR-Ready computer

Ah, misunderstood :+1:

3 Likes

There were 3 people that said “When is roblox arriving to rift s / Valve index / etc”.

These all are PCVR only headsets. How are they expecting to run roblox on a screen with no CPU inside?

Etc

5 Likes

Would be hilarious if Roblox came to the Apple Vision Pro.

6 Likes