Meta Quest Open Beta Now Available for Download

The worst part about it is that if the avatar is swept away by some force where the player isn’t ‘running and stopping’ then the avatar just goes into the distance leaving the camera stuck in space. Whoever decided on this didn’t play test many games with it apparently.

Pretty funny. Your avatar gets swooped away by a tsunami and you’re in VR just watching it and spectating from a distance.

But I think if you press down the right thumbstick (left?) it snaps to your character again.

1 Like

I got a Quest 2 and have been trying this out.

I’ve been having problem using the interface a lot. I find that the “lasers” indicating where my controllers are pointing go right through the floating GUI so I can’t click on any buttons. I have to use the oculus key to restart Roblox pretty often.

It does seem to be blocked for <13 accounts.

Although listening to the voice chat on games like Gorilla Tag it doesn’t sound like there are many people over 13 playing.

1 Like

Gorilla Tag is a different game and a different story. Voice chat there is kinda crucial because you will definitely not want to get tagged while typing something in chat.

1 Like

Well for the official release they have improved the default 3rd person view so that it follows as expected. Yay! Well, sort of…

I was hoping to enable 3rd person view in my game but the default VehicleSeat camera still drives away from the VR camera position and catches up occasionally.

This isn’t going to work for driving vehicles. So I will have to force 1st person view for VR unless I want to make a custom camera for every vehicle.

I know that the player can select first person view, but the default vehicle seat camera is so bad I don’t want anyone to see that happening.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.