Meters to studs?

Hello Developers!

I currently don’t have much experience in building as I am a programmer instead so please go easy on me. Anyways my current problem is that I have a 2d map that I am trying to replicate in game and I have a measurement on a road in this map which is 220m, how would I go about converting this measurement to studs? I have read of other posts that 20 studs = 1m but when I do the equation 20 * 220 I get 4400 which seems insanely big

So I don’t think I’m doing this correctly, any help to get the actual size?

Thanks, 50Alpha!

2 Likes

This should be helpful: How many studs is there in a meter - #30 by XAXA

1 Like

Hi there!
This post about studs can really help you out as well!

Fairly sure it’s 20 like the article says :slight_smile:
Studs | Roblox Wiki | Fandom

I don’t know how accurate that is. 20 studs is the height of four ROBLOX avatars so if we assume a ROBLOX avatar is a person, four persons are definitely taller than a meter.

1 Like

The full snippet there also says “According to new Roblox measurements, 1 Stud is 0.28 meters.” The preview is just wrong, not the actual wikia page.

4 Likes

I actually did something similar to this yesterday.

I measured the height of a robloxian in studs then divided the average American adult male height (175 cm) by however many studs tall the robloxian was (5).

1 stud is ~ 35 centimeters, so a meter is about 3 studs.

I rounded a few times for simplicity so it isn’t perfect. If you’re measuring a building or something I would use this method, but if you’re going for something precise (measuring helmet straps for instance) then just do the math without rounding.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

A brief look into Game Settings will answer this question.

Jump Height and Walk Speed are both in studs, so you can kinda use it as a calculator as well

Those who say a stud is 28 cm are correct

2 Likes

Not too sure then, you’re most likely right though, idk why that’s the first thing that comes up then… fairly sure i’ve seen it somewhere else too