Midnight Forest [CHAPTER I] PHOTOREALISTIC HORROR GAME STORY FEEDBACK! [DEV LOG #1]

Hello There, I am Officerbruh (Officerbruh0987) Owner of OPTOFF Studios. I am making a game series called Midnight Forest.

My group is mainly about Roblox Game Development and the Striving of the Creations of Photorealism on the Roblox platform.

• What is Midnight Forest?
    "Midnight Forest is a photorealistic horror game made by Officerbruh, Optizim (The Development Team -OptOff Studios-)

• What is the Story?
    “After a long day of work you wake up at your desk in the middle of the night realizing that you overslept and its almost midnight, you manage to get your stuff and get to your car, as soon as you take your usual route to get home, you find out that it is blocked off. You are now forced to take a longer route where the road is in the middle of nowhere and the only thing between the road is a big forest. During the trip your car suddenly breaks down and you try to see what you can do to fix it but its no use, you must go in the forest to look for something of use, meanwhile you are not alone.”

• When will this be released?
    “Sometime in 2023”

• Is it Single or multiplayer?
    “Single player”

• Will Lower end users be able to play?
    “Definitely Not the game is supposed to be played at max and only max graphics.”

-Links-

My profile: https://www.roblox.com/users/1431571379/profile
My Friend who helped me make this: https://www.roblox.com/users/633372497/profile
Development Team (Group): https://www.roblox.com/groups/11826037/OptOff-Studios#!/about

So, I want some feedback on the story, NOTE I DO NOT WANT ANY CHANGES OF HOW THE STORY STARTS OR ENDS ETC.
Video:

Development Story -
Video (dev story PLS WATCH AND LISTEN):

WITH GRAPHICS →
Gameplay of the Rough Draft Map:

5 Likes

Looks pretty good, though I wouldn’t say it’s even close to photorealism.

1 Like

as I said its a rough draft, it will be still worked on. I am going to add images of this.

Other then the obvious things (animations and walking sound) I think this is an amazing game. I especially liked the rain drops on the camera

1 Like

thank you, also I did say in the video that the animations and stuff were a test and not official

Enough to drive 80% of people away :stuck_out_tongue:

Game quality looks decent though.

1 Like

If you had listened to the story of the development then you would not be saying that plus i am not attracting players yet so that point means nothing

I also said in my video that it is not released yet lol.

1 Like

my pc is barbecuing

sniff
does… anyone smell smoke?

3 Likes

what meat we talking here? tri-tip steak?

I like how it looks i hope too see more

1 Like

sounds good to me, as long as you want it
I prefer marinated barbeque pork chops

1 Like

Also singleplayer doesnt drive players away, thats the dumbest thing I have heard

95%+ of successful games on Roblox are multiplayer. It takes a lot more quality for single player games, for example, as a multiplayer Roblox game, an storytelling obby would be good enough, but as a single player parkour game, people are expecting something close to Dying Light.

Even Roblox itself supports multiplayer games a lot more, because that’s contributing to making the metaverse.

yes Ik it takes a lot more quality but under circumstances if this is a Horror game, its hard for it to be multiplayer since I would have to re make the entire game.
Most horror games are single player.
BUT…
I like the multiplayer idea it is good, but it is hard to do if the game and its map is just specifically targeted for One player to go out in a BIG map with an AI on the hunt.
Plus being alone makes it scarier.

not to mention the stuff horror games have in them are usually meant for one person, like jumpscares, AI (ai would now need to be after many people)
and my game is constantly going forward in the map, meaning you will never go back to where u started bc the entire thing isnt all in one map, there is different places. not to mention it is a STORYLINE.

1 Like