Minimap Render [RoRenderV3]

Hello, I’ve got this error when trying to render my minimap.
Also, the render don’t progress in the windows app.

2 Likes

One of the caveats is that it cannot render super large maps.

I would try dividing the render area into 5 pieces.

5 Likes

Hello! Is there any way to remove the purple box? I couldn’t render since I’m on a MacBook pro :joy:

3 Likes

game.Workspace.CurrentCamera:ClearAllChildren()

Paste that in the command bar and it should get rid of the purple box… Also you can render on MacOS, I built this program on a MacBook with Mac compatibility in mind.

4 Likes

Sorry, it was just Studio being buggy. HTTP wouldn’t connect. Thanks this sofware is amazing!

3 Likes

My bad, I should have specified, I’m on a 2015 model of the MacBook Pro, so roblox studio itself is a no-no. But thanks!

3 Likes

When rendering i keep getting this is the output
LINE FAIL : 0
and nothing shows up in the render app.

1 Like

Oftentimes the first line will fail, if you just wait then the render will reassign line 0 to another client and continue with the render

1 Like

My rendering STILL isnt working. I have npm and electron installed the right version of the app installed and the games published with HTTPS service on. Why is it still sitting at 0%? there are no errors or prints in console.

2 Likes

This worked brilliantly for me, thanks for the resource.

For anyone worried about this, I’ve rendered two incredibly massive maps and it worked perfectly fine - it just took around 4 hours for each render. :wink:

Click here to view one of the maps

3 Likes

Hello! I love this plugin and wanted to say great job making it!

Now, I am having an issue with it. I’ve loaded up 4 local players (as my CPU has 4 cores) and I was excited to see the percentage go up, only to find out no image was generating

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Edit: I fixed it! Idk how but I did

3 Likes

So this is going to be a problem with how you are configuring on the plugin end… Most likely, assuming the purple box is covering your map, you probably did not configure the RayHeight value to be high enough to reach the terrain.

3 Likes

By “reach the terrain” does this above the terrain or at the same height as the terrain because when I hit auto configure it puts the purple block above

1 Like

You can imagine the plugin working by having hundreds of strings attached to the purple box dropping down and whatever they hit is the color of the pixel in the final image. If a strings does not touch anything then it does not give a color and leaves the pixel transparent.

All the strings must be the same length, so in order to make sure every string hits the terrain they must be cut to a length of PurpleBox.Height - LowestPointInTheMap.Height

When I say “reach the terrain”, I mean that strings were cut too short and none of the strings were long enough to touch any of the terrain.

1 Like

This is really cool!

I rendered the Crossroads map:
Crossroad

100% recommend

4 Likes

somehow i can’t render Images I also do everything the tutorial says

2 Likes

The Plugin seems broken, I’ve allowed the Plugin to Inject Scripts, and on the app, I can only press Start Server once, yet it still does nothing. I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong, I might be, but I’ve followed the tutorial numerous times

2 Likes

Did you make sure to go to the test tab, then start a local server?

1 Like

Yep, I did so, and yet nothing happened.

1 Like

That’s interesting, I was able to render an image just fine, although I did install this a while back so it could have been updated.

1 Like