Minimap Render [RoRenderV3]

So this is going to be a problem with how you are configuring on the plugin end… Most likely, assuming the purple box is covering your map, you probably did not configure the RayHeight value to be high enough to reach the terrain.

3 Likes

By “reach the terrain” does this above the terrain or at the same height as the terrain because when I hit auto configure it puts the purple block above

1 Like

You can imagine the plugin working by having hundreds of strings attached to the purple box dropping down and whatever they hit is the color of the pixel in the final image. If a strings does not touch anything then it does not give a color and leaves the pixel transparent.

All the strings must be the same length, so in order to make sure every string hits the terrain they must be cut to a length of PurpleBox.Height - LowestPointInTheMap.Height

When I say “reach the terrain”, I mean that strings were cut too short and none of the strings were long enough to touch any of the terrain.

1 Like

This is really cool!

I rendered the Crossroads map:
Crossroad

100% recommend

4 Likes

somehow i can’t render Images I also do everything the tutorial says

2 Likes

The Plugin seems broken, I’ve allowed the Plugin to Inject Scripts, and on the app, I can only press Start Server once, yet it still does nothing. I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong, I might be, but I’ve followed the tutorial numerous times

2 Likes

Did you make sure to go to the test tab, then start a local server?

1 Like

Yep, I did so, and yet nothing happened.

1 Like

That’s interesting, I was able to render an image just fine, although I did install this a while back so it could have been updated.

1 Like

Yeah, could you perhaps try it now? I’d love to see if it’s broken everywhere, or if it’s only me.

2 Likes

Quick video of it working pretty fine for me, I mean I guess the main thing would be make sure that HTTP requests are on and that the game is published

1 Like

@DestinationDev @Exquizzit

The program is working most likely has to do with settings being configured wrong. Definitely render a small quick test image to see for yourself and get familiar with the settings

2 Likes

Thanks, I tried rendering something smaller in a different place and it worked, so it was probably because I was rendering something too big.

2 Likes

I got it working now but it just renders the border circle of the map

I’m assuming that the border of your circular map is at a higher elevation than the rest of the map? If thats the case then you need to make the ray length value higher so it actually represents the distance from the purple box to the lowest point on the map.

Ok, Thank you I will try it later

Not sure if this still works or if I’m missing something? Following all the steps, I click start server, then go to studio, set player count to 8, click start on studio, then go back to RoRender, close, then re-open it again, but nothing ever happens. I have an 8 core CPU, so that’s not the problem. Is anything supposed to happen in the program when I click Start server (apart from the button greying out)?

DO I need to wait for the roblox server to have fully loaded before closing the program and re-opening it?

Not sure if it’s worth noting, but my map is fairly huge

EDIT
Even with a smaller area, nothing occurs

2 Likes

Going off the size of the map it will take a few hours to render. I have an 1843 x 2070 map and it took 35 - 40 minutes to render the entire thing

But I only have 4 cores so yours might be a bit faster.

Final Render

I did notice some pixels were transparent or off-colored so I had to manually go through and fix those. Other than that it came out perfect.
Keep in mind when Importing to Roblox they do only allow a max of 1080p or somewhere around there so you will have to downscale your image, Or you can split it into sections and import it that way.

1 Like

Oh ok. So is each stud like 1 pixel? So could I do 1080x1080 stud images? Or is there a way to zoom further out to encompass more of the map in 1 image (resulting in a smaller map image)?

Is there an easy way to tile across if I were to take several renders, a specific size that makes it reasonable to render? 35-40 mins (having 8 local clients running) sounds very daunting to me :sweat_smile:

Essentially, you can think of pixels per stud as resolution of the image, so you can manipulate that value to lower the size of the image, 19k by 9k is ridiculously large. Another thing you should do is optimize the ray length value, RayCasting is really the bottle neck of this whole process and shorter rays means a faster render.

As for nothing happening you probably did not press inject scripts before starting the roblox server.