Misleading "Sell Item" Dialogue on T-Shirts

When initially putting a T-Shirt up for sale, users are presented with a “Sell Item” dialogue. This is misleading as it’s only T-Shirts that display this dialogue (to my knowledge), while shirts and trousers both charge at the upload stage.

As someone who has not uploaded clothing since the new fees have been put in place, this simply appears to be a confirmation of whether I’d like to put my T-Shirt up for sale for 10 Robux (which would seem like a bug, as I chose to sell the T-Shirt for 100 Robux in this example), and doesn’t make it clear that I’m going to be charged 10 Robux for putting the item on sale.

These charges should be made clear at the upload stage, not the selling stage, when putting a T-Shirt on sale, like with other types of assets;

Even if this “Sell Item” dialogue was amended to display it as a purchase (with a green “Purchase” button, for example), this would be better than the current implementation.

18 Likes

Agreed, my brother (Granted he’s young) tried making a shirt on Roblox to sell for 100 R$ or so, and he was excited to see the ‘Sell Item’ button, only to be disappointed with the results.

Much like my parents when I was born.

10 Likes

you can actually message roblox support to delete your unwanted items rather than that way of spending robux

2 Likes

Ah, my mistake. I didn’t read the announcement post for this fee and most of my T-Shirts I deleted were uploaded before it was implemented. Won’t happen again.

It should be made a little more obvious that there is a fee now though, like putting a price inside the save button similar to the Group creation page:

Button

And updating the Roblox Help article to reflect the changes:

3 Likes

It’s not on the upload page because it only needs to be paid once you put it on sale for the first time however there needs to be a disclosure of ‘If you plan to put this on sale, you’ll be charged 10 Robux’ or something like that.

The confirmation box definitely needs to be more clearer though, like ‘Would you like to put this T-Shirt on sale for 10 Robux?’.

I feel this could just as easily be misinterpreted. In my head it reads as if I’m going to be selling the item to players for :robux_light: 10, not that I’m going to be charged to sell the item.

The dialogue needs to read more like this, if they’re not going to move the charge to the upload stage:

Sell Item?
You will be charged :robux_light: 10 to put this item on sale.
Cancel Continue for ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ :robux_light: 10

With the “continue” button highlighted green as suggested by @Mystyle48

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s much easier to understand.

I still don’t understand what’s the point of the clothing fees anyways because I can guarantee that there are still many botted items of clothing.

At least it’s not continue for 50 Robux.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! I have reached out to the engineers and a fix is on the way!

4 Likes

Hello! This should be fixed! Let us know if this issue still occurs. Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.