Upcoming Changes to Avatar Catalog Upload Requirements

you’ll only block it from people who steal clothes manually, but not from bots who use apis
let me show you what a bot does

1. go to https://assetdelivery.roblox.com/v1/assetId/{clothingid}
  2. download the file, get the decal id from the http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id= in the file downloaded earlier
  3. download the png from https://assetdelivery.roblox.com/v1/assetId/{id}, using the id from step 2

before, bots could use the link from step 2 directly, but that api was removed
the only solution would be to change the api endpoint weekly or so, but most bots already have shirt collections

There’s too much damage that this would do to developers who use said API legally, including in slightly older versions of Studio. The removal of roblox.com/asset/?id= was bad enough, don’t make things even harder.

2 Likes

Is this update out yet for everyone? It still says I need a subscription to upload shirts

Seems to be slowly rolling out - I didn’t have access when this announcement was made but now I do.

Agree!

We can’t earn from selling clothes because the people who steal them and resell them for cheaper prices and somehow put them in the first page.

Upload and selling changes are live for all users!

As a reminder, creators will no longer be required to have Premium, but will instead pay a 10 R$ to create shirts and pants or to sell t-shirts. Any items that were uploaded before this change went live will not need to pay any fees and do not require Premium.

17 Likes

Actually this update isn’t bad at all. I can finally begin with creating my Shirts without spedning money on Premium. The option seems to be better for people who will upload their Shirts / Pants once in a long time.

3 Likes

why do premium users have to pay the fees?

6 Likes

Because if premium users didn’t pay the fee it would ruin the entire purpose of the update.
Slowing down the bots.

2 Likes

10 robux is definitely better than before, and I think it’s fair in a way for all users.

6 Likes

So, does it costs 10 R$ to upload and $10 to sell? or is it just 10 R$ to upload and sell? sorry, I just want to make sure.

3 Likes

I tried uploading something, and it seems that it costs 10R$ altogether (uploading + selling), no extra fee for putting it on sale.

how is paying roblox fixing bot spam

4 Likes

I just got the upload fee update. And they don’t deserve a dime. After implementing this update I can’t even get the clothing I uploaded 2 days ago to go into my group store. Whatever they did is messing other things up. Gg Roblox, you sure know how to make a mess. :clap: I’m tired of all these useless changes… I wonder if this means I can now stop paying for Premium. I will drop it like a bad habit if I no longer need it.

10 Likes

It’s not. They are just that greedy.

4 Likes

This greedy update has actually made it where I can upload, but they won’t go into my group store for my members to see or buy. Thanks for another useless update!

4 Likes

I’ll be honest, I’m against this. Premium costs enough as it is, and you don’t make much robux off selling clothes really.

Some people also can’t buy robux.

You should have just made it so everyone can upload and put on sale, but only if your account is over a certain age or something.

And if you own something like a roleplay group, like myself, and you don’t make much robux as it is, how are you supposed to upload department uniforms for employees?

This change is really bad in my opinion.

And don’t say I’m just against those without premium: I don’t even have premium myself. I have it on the odd occasion when I get a giftcard, which is rare.

6 Likes

ROBLOX needs a way to make money somehow. With them removing all these premium perks, fewer people will be buying premium. Roblox is a company and needs to keep the servers up somehow.

Edit: Plus it’s just 10 Robux. That’s only cents compared to the 4 dollars a month for Premium.

5 Likes

So,

When is this coming? We’ve had the fee implemented but not this (to my knowledge)

Agree. With that 10 cents fee, $4 for 40 pieces of clothing is just fine.

Quite baffled to see how people still aren’t satisfied with this update even though the price has been lowered to this little.

2 Likes