Misplaced/missing bones on FBX importing

Hey! I’m trying to import an anim from Blender (on an imported rig also made on Blender) and the bones get messed up and that also messes up the animation (so mesh also will look rlly weird). In order to understand better, see attached screenshots below or this topic.

See:

Thanks for reading!

I use maya so I dont know exactly how blender works. But in Maya you would need those bones parented or the hierarchy breaks. Which is probably why Roblox is adding those bones because it thinks they should be there.

Example of a maya rig with proper parenting:

1 Like

Hey! They all parented fine (I made a lot of anims on Blender using that same rig), so, if you meant that, then it’s not that problem. Thank you for replying!

What are your export settings? If you use another program to open the fbx files after you export it you can find out where the error is occurring. If the rig is broken in the program then its a blender/export issue. if its not then its a roblox issue.

I think the problem could be with the transforms. Did you apply them all before you exported it?

1 Like

What do you mean by “apply transforms”? I exported the rig with the default settings as FBX, and it always worked for me in the past. Thanks for replying!

(sorry im late)

Now that I think about it, I don’t know if applying the transforms is the issue.

this is probably the reason for the extra bones… now where your other bones when… I’m not sure…

1 Like