Mmmm yes all my Studio Version Histories got corrupted

Oh my where do I start…

Ok so basically I have been spending weeks on this and finally figured it out. So I am currently working on a comission for my friend. An important one for a 15k+ member group. This comission was supposed to be done weeks ago but we have been held back for this reason: By mistake I accidentally deleted an important script which I did weeks earlier and forgot how to recreate it and if I recreate it incorrectly It may cause other problems. So what would any developer do?

Download an older version of the team create place of course!!

or so I thought… It would always just say “Unable to open place”, “Unable to open place”, “Can’t Read Header” and I never figured out why until I actually digged into it yesterday. I figured out that EVERY SINGLE HISTORY FILE EVER to exist has and will forever be corrupted, all of them stuck with just “Null” even new ones. This is a real setback to me, and the person I am working for and I am unhappy. Are there any solutions to fix this or will I just be stuck on a loss? And what can roblox do to prevent this because imagine if for example: A popular game got “hacked” or such and their game looked weird, well then they couldn’t revert it unless they had actual backup files…

What are your 2 cents on this?

Contact roblox support for game version rollback, roblox has backup game files incase it gets corrupted

1 Like

Thanks I will try that, however I have had experience with Roblox support and they never really know what they are doing lol.

Edit: I do have a backup of the current game at this moment though.

1 Like

Hm… Have you ever made a Downloaded save file? so not how ROBLOX auto saves it but where you save it on a file on your computer.

1 Like

I haven’t downloaded a save version because I don’t want to fill my drives with old comissions that have already been done and rather have Roblox take care of saving it.

1 Like

I have read you have a backup so that’s fine, but you should usually download it, if you want to download a new save like say if you make something big and want to save that just delete the other from the drive and download the new one, so you would even be organized and not have like 20 or something, I always keep one not even 2+ so I can save space, although I’m not a ROBLOX staff… I don’t think contacting support would do anything, because I have contacted them once for a studio problem but they said they couldn’t fix that, so I don’t think Support would do anything. (Just saving you time too)

1 Like

I might still at least try as its better to spend some time to try than to just spend weeks to redo a script.

1 Like

True… but have you actually tried uninstalling Roblox Studio then re-installing? because doing that will help. (Don’t re-Install an older version)

1 Like

How would that help? It isn’t a Studio Problem the actual versions are corrupted, only when I join the TC in studio can i edit it, any saved version history versions are broken.

1 Like

If the versions are corrupted, then forget what I said, I think you lost whatever you didn’t backup though.

1 Like

Yea thats what I’m saying, while I should’ve had a backup, Roblox’s File shouldn’t have failed me… but thanks for the help anyways!

1 Like

Sorry I was no help! but once corrupted I don’t think anything will come back, I made a game that got corrupted because of a fail DATA save, so I had to restart pretty much the whole thing, so it is tough if your not able to recover it, I know how it feels :frowning:

3 Likes

Hello! We’d like to look into your issue. Please post a Bug Report as per this link How to post a Bug Report . Thanks!

1 Like