Mobile camera sensitivity very low on some devices

Description of the bug:
With a new version of the CameraScript, the sensitivity on Mobile devices varies wildly. On my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9) it works as expected, but some players are reporting extremely slow camera sensitivity. This can also be replicated with the Mobile Emulator in Studio. I don’t know if this is related to the player’s PC camera sensitivity options or not.

When did it start occurring?
I’m not sure exactly when it started, I only just updated the camera script in Obby Creator to a newer version, so that’s why I’ve only noticed it now, but players in my Discord say this happens on lots of other Roblox games too. They said it’s been going on since mid-2020, which I assume is when @AllYourBlox updated the CameraScripts? I might be wrong though.

Reproduce:

• Create a blank baseplate game.
  • Join with your phone.
    Depending on your phone, you may notice a normal or slow camera sensitivity when you swipe to turn the camera.
  • To get the slow camera speed, open the place in Studio.
  • Start testing the game with the Mobile emulator.
    I’m using the iPhone X emulation.
  • Notice the slow camera speed when you click and drag to emulate scrolling on mobile. This seems to be what players are experiencing on their actual devices.

I attached a video of me using the studio emulator which seems to also have the slower sensitivity below. I showed this clip to the users experiencing the problem and they both said that it looks exactly like it does in-game for them.

UPDATE [11th June]: I’ve switched Obby Creator to a new version of the camera script and surprised this hasn’t been fixed yet. I will list below the devices people say it is occurring on. Hopefully, this helps.

Devices this has been reported to occur on:

• Device: iPad Pro
  • Device: iPhone 6
  • Device: iPad 2019, OS: IOS 14.6
  • Device: iPad Air (3rd generation), OS: IOS 14.6
  • Device: iPad Air 4, OS: IOS 14.5.1
  • Device: iPad (5th Generation), OS: IOS 14.6
  • Device: iPad (5th Generation), OS: IOS 14.6
  • Device: iPad Pro (3rd Generation), OS: IOS 12.9
  • Device: iPad Mini 4
  • Device: iPhone SX Max
  • Device: iPhone XR, OS: iOS 14.6
  • Device: iPhone 7, OS: iOS 14.4
  • Device: iPhone 7, OS: iOS 14.4
  • Device: iPhone 7, ,OS: IOS 14.4
  • Device: Samsung A21s, OS: Andriod 10
  • Device: Galaxy TAB A (2019)
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Device: Oppo Reno2 F, OS: Android 10
  • Device: Redmi 4A (Xiaomi), OS: Android 7.1.2

(This would be less of an issue if we had: Add a Camera Sensitivity feature for Mobile :pleading_face:)

8 Likes

Due to loads of complaints about this basically making the game unplayable for some users, I’ve had to revert Obby Creator back to using an older forked CameraScript. Hopefully, this can be fixed soon! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Mario,
This is very concerning. I will be following up with the relevant teams to see if we can get to the bottom of this. Thanks for your report!

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Please note that filling a bug report does not guarantee that it will be fixed once triaged.

2 Likes

This is still an issue and is preventing me from moving to a newer version of the camera script. Any updates?

2 Likes

It is still happening on all my games! The only solution is to get the old camera script

Alright, when there is an update from the engineers i will pass it on.

1 Like

This is still an issue! I’ve moved to a newer version of the camera script today as well as I assumed it would have been fixed but getting lots of complaints.

1 Like

Just talked to a few engineers and they are working on it and few other camera issues and should have a fix coming soon

2 Likes

There’s another issue with the camera, which may or may not be an issue, where whenever you go into shift lock, hold right click, then exit shift lock, you have to press right click again for it to actually move your camera, which can be very irritating at times.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We looked into the issue and it should be fixed now. The camera sensitivity should be as expected on Windows Studio and mobile devices. Please let us know if you experience any further issues!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.