You asked for it and you got it! We recently released mobile leaderboards so all of your mobile players have the same access to leaderboards as your players on other platforms.
This took some extra effort because, on mobile, the leaderboards and handled a little differently:
- Mobile leaderboards are full screen, instead of a window that stays on screen, due to the relative lack of screen space on most mobile devices
- Landscape and Portrait modes are both supported
- On mobile, your name is listed at the top in a special section, so you don’t have to scroll down to see your stats (it will also be shown in the main list below)
The leaderboards have all of the same functionality as other platforms - including the ability to tap on any user on the list to bring up a menu with unique options for that user.
They were designed to work in any experience that already uses leaderboards, but there may be situations where some custom work was done by a developer. If you’ve done custom work, it could result in some unique issues. If your experience uses the Roblox leaderboards, please check the functionality on mobile and let us know in the comments if you observe any abnormalities there.
- Header that separates your name at the top from the rest of the list is not displayed (this can make it look like your name is listed twice) - fix goes out next week
- Developer analytics may report an error from the mobile leaderboards - fix goes out next week
- In some rare cases, the Leaderboard doesn’t scroll
We will also include improved logic for how the leaderboards and other windows automatically close when opening and closing the leaderboards on mobile.
We have seen players already discover this feature and the reaction seems to be positive overall! We hope your mobile players are happy with this update, too. Please let us know if you have any feedback or if you see any issues in your game. We appreciate it!