Mobile Leaderboards Are Now Available!

It is released for all games at this time, we did an early release before this.

6 Likes

Were the two bugs, whose fixes go out next week, noticed during the first release or just now with the full release to all games?

It reminds me of the leaderboard on Xbox.

2 Likes

Is this visual bug related to this update?

5 Likes

Believe it or not, that issue was unrelated to the mobile leaderboards release. We tracked down what caused this and reverted that change.

10 Likes

Is this menu connected to Enum.CoreGuiType.PlayerList? I ask this because I want to know if I can use :SetCoreGuiEnabled() to disable this in menus.

Given how Roblox are now creating speciailist UI based on device type, will it ever be possible for developers to utilise the GetDeviceType (also it’s missing console for some reason lol) function sometime down the road?

We already have device type analytics in our Developer Stats so, and the function can somewhat be implemented utilising IsTenFootInterface and IsTouchEnabled, however we still cant differentiate Tablet from Mobile.

10 Likes

Oh my. This is absolutely amazing to see! Thank you again for this amazing update. First off, I like the very unique way you approached creating these. I love this update and find it absolutely amazing- Keep up the great work, Roblox staff! <3

Well actually I could confirm this, I recently tested this out on a game I was playing, and I can’t really scroll down.

Hopefully this gets fixed though, especially for bigger games with huge players.

I actually find it interesting that the Roblox Team finally decided to make such a feature, there’s been games ever since the removal of the old Mobile Leaderboards that they have to rely on keeping playing without knowing what their score, or whatever type of currency in-game that requires the leaderboard. Hopefully some developers would be finally be grateful for this feature.

1 Like

Strange to see it cover the whole screen, but at least they get one now. Also dose anyone know if something happens when you click on the user like on PC version?

Do you mean if they click on the username, it pops up with the same menu that pops up on PC (the one with examine avatar etc.)

It’s odd to me that tapping away from the Examine Avatar menu completely closes the leaderboard.

I expect it to return to the player’s profile because tapping away from a player’s profile returns to the full list; the design language is inconsistent. It also makes viewing multiple players’ avatars difficult and punishes you if you tapped Examine Avatar by mistake.

12 Likes

This was probably found out after they had it scheduled for release also it’s not that easy to fix things like this.

2 Likes

Very good feature, this is great for mobile players playing bedwars since you can see who still has a bed and those types of games. The only issue I see with this is that in most games the scroll feature can sometimes not work/is too small for fingers and thus this may be a problem for the leaderboard as said by people above me.

Pretty cool UIs and Tweens! Might work with it :eyes: :smirk:

1 Like

As a mobile/phone player and enjoyer myself, I’m glad this is finally released! Thanks Roblox!

I tested the leaderboard one day ago just because I randomly discovered it. Not gonna lie, this feature was introduced extremely late. Never expected it’d be coming.

However, there’s a critical issue. Even if it’s intended, it shouldn’t be like that. If leaderstats are enabled for a game, only the values appear. The name of each leaderstat cannot be seen anywhere.

In addition, this menu that appears on mobile when tapping on a player in the leaderboard is bad UX. The situation here is different in comparison to PCs, mobile users want to get access to any feature instantly, without any extra taps. You should move all the buttons at the right side. However, this menu should be kept in cases where the leaderstats cover the whole leaderboard.

Even though there are certain minor issues, I appreciate this feature a lot!

2 Likes

This is a great leap in Roblox implementing better compatibility with mobile.

For those interested, here is what it looks like:

7 Likes

Really good feature! this is what I was waiting for!
I was thinking about why there is no Leaderboard on Mobile devices.

What are the benefits -

Players can see what Team they are on or How many coins they have.
They also wanna see what Rank they have.
Some Developers don’t want an extra GUI to show coins or rebirths or deaths or wins or kills… and the Leaderboard GUI is also good to see.

1 Like

It is indeed a great step for mobile players, but what’s annoying is that you have to open the leaderboard every time you want to check something - team, points, etcetera, rather than just having it displayed on your screen on a corner.

And if you’re wondering how it looks like with more players (which isn’t something special):

I think the leaderboard is just too big on mobile and the window itself has plenty of space. Maybe we can add the users’ avatars on the left, because seeing such empty space is weird. Especially if the game doesn’t have points, teams or whatsoever, to be displayed on the board.

4 Likes