Model broken when importing

I’m trying to make simple fence, but its not importing properly.

It have to be imported like this picture

But its like this in roblox.

5 Likes

I would suggest cross-checking some things as I’ve mentioned here, this might possibly fix your issue

• Check if you applied all the modifiers of the objects.
  • Have you checked for the Face orientation of the object, You can fix this by flipping the normals of the faces ( Alt + N, after you select the faces ) or manually checking the option “DoubleFaced” in mesh properties on Studio to true.
1 Like

I too have this problem, im modeling hair and exporting this as obj (in blender)
when import to roblox i have this problem

Clear the geometry data before importing

I tried all of those, but its still not working. I think the problem is the number of triangles. I have over 2m triangles, I tried to reduce them, but it crash every time I start.

Also its the model for fence

I have answer:

(its about hairbut i think this can help you)

Did you try to “Dissolve” the Edges or vertices after selecting the unwanted bevels of vertices or edges you can try that or you could use a decimate modifier. But in all honesty, I would suggest you go with texture for the fence and cylinders for the poles around the fence…
You could either try and cut the fence in half from the center and separate them as different objects assuming that each object is under 9k triangles ( Roblox upload limit )

holy, 140 MB for 1 model is screaming. Change your chainlinks from being 3d to a texture
For example you wont having this:
Something like this just uses a plane with 2 tris in the middle and it pretty much looks the same but it wont have 2 million tris, instead it’ll have 50-100:

Using a texture will also fix your issue
Besides if you did use a 2 mil tris fence, most devices would crash after like 10 fences being placed

Attempt to try changing the RenderFidelity from Automatic to Precise.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.