ModelStreamingBehavior Improved creates absurd 5 second freezes, making the game unplayable

My game (OneSkyVed's Trolleybuses Place Classic - Roblox) started experiencing absurd freezes on at least my own pc after I set ModelStreamingBehavior to Improved

I checked microprofiler, and this is what I saw: Replicator GC job is taking an absurd frame time for no apparent reason, and it makes the game close to unplayable, as that happens pretty often (as long as you are moving around the map). I also noticed that Improved ModelStreamingBehavior generally drains more performance than Legacy one, I suspect its for the same reason

I confirmed that this happens only with Improved ModelStreamingBehavior, and the issues are most noticeable in the game I linked. My another game that uses Improved ModelStreamingBehavior does experience performance drain issues, but 5 second freezes happen only in this game I linked

Expected behavior

For Replicator GC job to not cause 5 second freezes or drain more performance than with Legacy ModelStreamingBehavior

10 Likes

Thanks for reporting this. Are you able to publish a version of your experience with improved model streaming enabled that we can test with? Shared privately with me would be sufficient.

2 Likes

Hi, I sent you a private message with details

Im also experiencing the same issues, but it might be due to the new read/write terrain voxel api.

Heres my bug report
Large spikes in ReplicatedProcessedPackets and WaitForRenderThread

I actually noticed when looking at micrprofiler that “FillGrass” or something similar took a bit too much frame time, but if its terrain, why does it get affected by modelstreamingbehavior?

1 Like

Im not sure tbh. I did notice this new update to release 604 which has write values being spammed in the micro profiler, ive never seen that before. Thats my theory anyways.

2 Likes

We have identified the underlying cause of this issue and are working on the fix. Thanks for reporting this issue and working with us to investigate the problem.

1 Like

We have enabled a fix for this issue where the Replicator GC job could take multiple seconds when improved model streaming is enabled.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.