Moderation Continues to Skip UGC Item Approvals, Permanent Pending Items

I’m part of UGC for cosmetic items on the catalogue.

I have a handful of items that are skipped by moderation and remain in a permanent pending state after weeks (these are recolors, so it is not a content issue). Typically I re-upload if it’s just once or twice, but today it’s looking like 4 items. The costs associated with this add up.

I’ve tried to file tickets about this issue several times, but I’ve never had any luck there.

What can we do about this problem?

Expected behavior

I expect for pending moderated items to eventually be approved or denied. But it seems some are just being skipped.

A private message is associated with this bug report

5 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and will follow up when we have an update!

Thanks for flagging!

7 Likes

Hey there, this problem continues to happen to me (and also other UGC creators).

They fixed the example I gave in the PMs…and since then I’ve had one or two more each day…

3 Likes

Yes, other UGC creators have also experienced this bug along with other inconsistencies in the moderation process for many months now. Every time something occurs, we have to pay extra 750 robux fees.

It states on the documentation page that the moderation process can take up to 24 hours in the queue, but this bug makes it so the item may take weeks, months, or stay pending in the moderation queue permanently.
moderation

Here are some examples of my items that are stuck perpetually pending. Items uploaded after the bugged item were able to get through the moderation queue, but the bugged item remains pending.
elf
eyeless
tails

There are also some instances where upon getting accepted through moderation, there is an inconsistency with moderation where the thumbnail preview breaks. The 3 broken items were failed attempts of uploading the “Black Double Cat Tails” item. The first broken one had the exact same setup (MeshId, ThumbnailCamera) as the others, but the thumbnail preview didn’t load, so I tried changing the MeshId and ThumbnailCamera for the second and third attempt. No luck. The thumbnail only loads on the actual item page.

I had to set up a completely new accessory to fix it.

1 Like

Hey everyone, we’ve marked this as ‘done,’ are you still experiencing issues?

I haven’t run into the issue lately. So it seems fixed.

I hate to bump this thread because it’s so old, but I am consistently experiencing this issue again

All items were uploaded yesterday, and half of them were approved by moderation last night at around the end of the moderation time window, and then today some of them were approved as soon as the moderation time window started, and yet these three have been skipped.

I have also experienced the same issue here and there for the past 2 weeks, and they would be approved 1-4 days after the original creation date although ALL other recolors were approved.

I want to note: once I tried to reupload a colorway again because it wasn’t being approved, and it wasn’t going through at all despite the reupload.

2 Likes