"Modern Studio" (new docking behavior) has various issues

Mine personally keep resizing back to huge sizes when testing and I have to keep putting them back.

2 Likes

The drafts widget also seems to loose it’s spot every time Studio restarts.

9 Likes

I do this too, but if possible it would be nice if Discord screen sharing could be supported by Roblox, as even before this update it would detect only the viewport window, but I’d like for the entire window to be captured without needing to include everything on that screen. Not even sure how practical it would be with just one monitor.

4 Likes

This has become a rampant issue that has been quite annoying frankly. Every time I open up the toolbox, it opens s non-movable window on my second screen that refuses to disappear until I close the toolbox.

2 Likes

It is an issue from specific plugins, in my case it was Advanced Camera, and it could be something completely different for anyone else.
If it makes a UI dock then it is plausible that it’s the cause.
I hope Roblox adds a backwards compatibility system so old plugins still work fine and don’t cause confusion

2 Likes

I am also currently experiencing unintended behavior as a result of the new docking system. Whenever I “undock” my game’s viewport or do something similar, I end up with a situation where I cannot do anything to manipulate the undocked widget, and I also cannot return the widget to it’s previous place.

Here is a video displaying aforementioned behavior.

https://gyazo.com/4a3e87828ba7673aa95b48958b191bbe

4 Likes

These are still happening as of 10/29/22.

5 Likes

Here’s another example of widget docking breaking. When I attempt to dock this plugin’s widget, it appears on a different monitor & the plugin widget has a rendering issue.

6 Likes

This makes studio nearly unusable at times, this should be escalated.

11 Likes

Currently having issues with the new modern studio where every once in a while a flickering of empty widgets will appear and disappear on the top left whenever I run my game.

It also seems that widget placement has been a lot more inconsistent. Sometimes it will just reorder them after I stop an existing game from running in studio.

I ran into this as well, this is actually caused by undocked windows. So for me the issue was the Datastore Editor plugin and the Reclass plugin (since their widgets are floating on startup). You can fix it by docking those widgets somewhere

2 Likes

These issues are preventing me from testing with multiple clients because the viewports bug out completely.

I can confirm all the issues mentioned in the OP are happening on my end too, fixing these should be a priority.

3 Likes

Can confirm having similar issues I have disabled all studio plugins yet I still get extremely buggy viewports especially when doing a 2 player test, making it impossible for me to test without using team test currently(even with tc it still bugs out often).

This is a very serious issue and is preventing me from play testing my games.

3 Likes

Just noticed that sometimes opening widgets for plugins will just not dock them anywhere accessible. The only solution is to close and re-open them and then it docks properly.

I am having the same issue with all the docking. I can’t view the game anymore in studio nor toolbox etc.

3 Likes

I might be the only one running Roblox Studio in WINE, but the drag-to-icon docking does not work with that at all. Panes can be popped out or docked to their default positions but it is no longer possible to rearrange them.

3 Likes

Just opened up a new baseplate, clicked play, then hit stop, an empty widget appeared and cannot be closed. This file is no longer usable as it keeps re-appearing whenever nothing is running, this is a pretty egregious issues.

5 Likes

Sometimes when running and stopping, widgets will randomly pop out of their combined panes and just dock at a random spot

2 Likes

same issue here, can’t get my viewport back in place properly, can’t work like this.

Had 3 studio projects open at the time, closing them all and restarting studio fixed - but this shouldn’t be an issue still.

11 Likes

Can’t access my explorer or properties tabs. When I try to drag them (scale/resize them), they don’t resize at all and are stuck in that position. Restarting won’t work. Attempting to set the tab to float and resizing wont work either. I can’t work at all, pretty critical issue in my opinion.

I believe to reproduce, you click File → Close place then attempt to reopen a place and a lot of the tabs won’t be extendable and are all stuck.

View after following reproduction steps above:

2 Likes