Modesty layer should not be required on bundles that support 2D Clothing

What’s even worse is that they don’t even give you a reason or a warning before your package gets deleted, and refunds take two or more weeks to come in.

Deleting specifically these packages which are somewhat simple in design, what the hell is even the point when people are gonna put 2D Clothing over it anyway?

This is very much unnecessary for models, especially considering how every Roblox bundle before Rthro doesn’t even have on, and we all know how unpopular Rthro is anyway.

22 Likes

Or make it show the blue checkers

16 Likes

Just from a player standpoint (I don’t make bodies), it makes no sense that a modesty layer is required when a bundle is compatible with 2D clothing. It really seems like granting the ability to create bodies to UGC creators was the nail in the coffin for 2D clothing. 2D clothing in of itself was not even sustainable prior to this ability, and now that we can’t even support 2D clothing on new characters makes it even more true.

3D clothing is not always a suitable replacement for 2D clothing- they both serve different purposes. Not allowing UGC creators to create bundles that properly support 2D clothing (without a modesty layer) isn’t going to change this fact.

Moderation for every single part of UGC is already in shambles, and lo an behold, this statement holds true for UGC bundles, which is what is going on here.

Oddly enough, the bundle thumbnail is the only part that doesn’t show the blue checkers. The individual parts do which makes this even more baffling…

22 Likes

The checkerboard used to actually show in the catalog, and not just the body parts when you click on it, but they changed them to gray shortly after R15 or so

19 Likes

I genuinely wonder if QA only looks at the thumbnail of submitted characters
If so, showing the checkers in the main thumbnail would fix everything, genuinely :[

12 Likes

I don’t understand why Roblox didn’t think people would uvmap the bundles to allow 2D clothing
this is really annoying since a lot of packages are extremely held back by this

I personally don’t have UGC yet but I was hoping on uploading my f15 bundle once I did, as well as some different variants of it, however this modesty layer issue makes me not want to upload them until there’s a workaround that doesn’t require users to buy more than 1 package.

15 Likes

as someone who’s NOT a ugc creator, i absolutely agree with this,

i can understand why modesty layer is required on more realistic avatars, but avatars that are in the blocky style should not have to use the modesty layer

17 Likes

Another thing they could do is disable the modesty layer when equipping classic or layered clothing and enable it when there’s no clothing equipped. (They obviously have a way to tell when nothings equipped on the classic avatar so there’s no reason that they couldn’t add it)

16 Likes

the complete lack of care roblox incessantly shows especially toward their devs is insane
they need to stop trying to eliminate classic clothing

12 Likes

It really feels pretty tone deaf considering what Baszucki said at RDC this year :confused:
The modesty layer is so incredibly redundant when a system already exists for classic clothing.

12 Likes

i was literally there when he said this :face_holding_back_tears:

really hoping Roblox hears us out on this one.

9 Likes

all the classic clothing bundles that I got before they were made paid got purged and I dont wanna pay 75 robux for something I used to own that also now always looks like capitan underpants unless I have layered clothing which I only own 1 bottom non-pants item that won’t look weird without full layered clothing.

i also can’t live without my eyesore 2016 template clothing

13 Likes

Yea I don’t like that either, its way too much effort to make it work. And no docs about it so.

4 Likes

Well, that answers it, they updated the docs.

It’s a very silent yet loud no for now. Genuinely hope they change their mind.

15 Likes

Seriously disappointing to see. I’m going to link my very extensive response to your original post in hopes someone who can do something sees the concerns I have personally voiced.

Relevant link: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/modesty-layer-should-not-be-required-on-bundles-that-support-2d-clothing/2628505/24?u=niyuuesuto

10 Likes

Your concerns are INCREDIBLY valid, it makes the original issue they’re trying to avoid even worst.
Genuinely ridiculous.

9 Likes

Most disappointing thing I’ve ever seen man : (
Just… why? Literally everyone uses 2D clothing, there’s literally no point of this

7 Likes

Not to mention how ugly Layered Clothing looks on most non-rthro packages, and how lame and generic it looks anyway.

7 Likes

Powering Imagination, guys. :slightly_smiling_face:‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‎

12 Likes

Honestly, in light of what was said at RDC I’m gonna give them the benefit of the doubt, and I will patiently wait until an official DIRECT answer is given.
They’re 100% driving away from their original image, and it’s fine, it encourages devs to create their own image that does not depend on Roblox’.
But I think they should NOT shun their roots away, especially stuff as simple as 2D clothing. I know they’re doing this in light of public UGC, but its still a huge step backwards.
Even if they throw it away, I think we should still be able to use it, we grew up with it, and it is still prominent enough for it to be important.

I really hope any kind of staff sees all of this. We don’t want to lose something so simple yet so versatile when it comes to character customisation. I know all of this is basically entitlement, but it still feels valid I hope.

9 Likes