Modifiers Animation | Import modifiers animation from Blender to Roblox Studio

IT works all fine and good but as soon as it finishes playing it deletes and says displayFrame:FindFirstChildOfClass(‘MeshPart’).Parent = keyframesContainer that that line has no parent and it continues forever adding millions of error messages

1 Like

Oh, what error is exactly throwing?

1 Like

How do I get the Blender add-on?
Imputing doesn’t work for me, I followed the instructions and an invisible shape appears, but I run it and nothing happens.

1 Like

First, did you import the module?, and here is the blender add-on(how to install)

1 Like

Oh umm sorry I got it figured out.
But thanks for taking your time.

1 Like

Is there any possibility that you have a version that simply switches between special mesh ids? For neon colours we might be able to use this method: How To Have Functioning Emissive Textures! I know it’s not a solution but do you think this workaround would work?

2 Likes

It seems to work, I tried it, the problem is that customizing the colors is somewhat difficult(with white it works perfectly), for example, red is weird with this trick(also another trick is setting the VertexColor to 5, 5, 5(for white) and a white texture, but thanks, I’m considering more make a little version with special mesh(I hope roblox add support to use materials with special mesh)

2 Likes

If only roblox has support for these essential properties :frowning:

1 Like

HEY! nc plug in but for some reason the way you told us the tutorial ain’t working for me. Mind if you could make a vid tutorial?

1 Like

Thanks, I’m plan to do a video tutorial in the next update, bc some things would change, I’m making a UI like the built-in roblox animator plugin.

1 Like

ah thx that’s a life saver since for some reason It won’t work for me
it only imports it but doesn’t do any animations what so ever.

1 Like

Did you give script injection permissions before importing animation?

1 Like

what does it look like if I may ask?
I couldn’t really follow through since Its my first time using studio.

1 Like

First go to “PluginsTab”
then click on “ManagePlugins”
look for “Modifiers Animation” and make sure script injection permissions are allowed
if isn’t allowed, just click on the yellow part and allow it

now just click on “Import Module” and import again your animation

1 Like

AHH MAN IMA GO TRY IT RN, HOPE IT WORKS! :DDD

ima tell you if it works :smiley:

EDIT: IT WORKED, AH MAN THX!

(just wanna ask on what do you mean on “one per one”? do I do it one by one?)

1 Like

By “one per one”, I mean you should import animation files by order(rbxanim1, rbxanim2), if an animation in blender has a lot of tris, the blender addon will split the animation into multiple files(files are less than 50k tris, because roblox doesn’t allow more than 50k per file tris using this)

1 Like

How would I go about if I’m trying to make voxel animations?
Voxel meaning:

so like water splashing, fire, or just smoke, normal effects that you have in a game.

1 Like

Well, I think a big animation can be some heavy, specifically the leafs, but anyway, try to select an object and export, tell me if you have some issues

1 Like

I did significantly reduce the block count of the leaves.
I don’t really want to do big animations, just small effects.

HEY! been a while :smiley: sry for the late reply. I kind of get the point since there is a limit for roblox, just asking if when are you going to do the tutorial :smiley: