Modifying Spatial Audio

Hi! I’m currently trying to figure out how to mess with the spatial/voicechat audio to make it play over speakers or have an echo effect. Is there an actual way for this to be achieved or is it impossible due to it being handled outside of the Roblox server stuff you have access to? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Are you talking about this? EchoSoundEffect | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub or you could have a look at this random video I found https://youtu.be/ct3eMUHOPQA

1 Like

For the echo part of it, yes. I can’t figure out how to access the audio to use it for other things like adding those effects onto it. Oh I should specify cause it’s not always called this, I am referring to voice chat.

1 Like

Ignore my last post, you can change the AmbientReverb in SoundService and that effects Spatial Voice chat. How to apply sound effect to spatial voice chat? - #2 by Rainer_s

2 Likes

Thanks! Do you know a way I could make the output of the voicechat go over to a speaker or something else?

1 Like

Hmmm VoiceChat is in Beta so I don’t think they plan to add anything fancy like that any time soon. Well atleast not to my knowledge there is.

1 Like

Please read the post before posting.

1 Like

Ah thats too bad! I hope they do cause I’d love to make some PA system for a SCP game or something.

3 Likes

Selecting audio sources among other audio API features are in the works as announced by Roblox here.

2 Likes

Hey @HollowStreak

While I don’t have the precise news you want, I can tell you everything you want to do, and more will be available VERY soon :wink:

3 Likes