Money disappearing from my account - VIP Servers?

Money has disappeared from my account, exactly R$300’s worth, without any record of a transaction in purchases. Not a huge amount, but still a bizarre thing to have happened.

I suspect the cause is that I have been billed for a VIP server, but I have a lot of VIP servers as I host game nights for my group’s Discord, so I don’t know where to cancel it as there is no list or record of me being billed for it.

On the 24th of this month, I ended the day with R$0 in my account. I subsequently paid myself out R$100,000 to run ads the following day (which I ended up not running)

Here is the record of that transaction occuring.

I currently have R$99,700 in my account
Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 13.31.49

But my most recent purchase was the day before I paid myself out - there is no record, as far as I can tell, of my R$300 leaving my account, I have no idea where its gone.

There should be a log in purchases for every purchase, but right now, evidently there isn’t or Roblox has had an issue where my R$300 has gone missing.

I’m not asking for the money back, assuming it went somewhere reasonable like an auto-renew subscription, just that I’ve not been told where its gone.

I’ve had loads of VIP servers and I’ve never got billed for them seemingly more than once, who knows how much money I’ve unwittingly spent because of this bug

6 Likes

I feel, as you kind of stated in your post this is a logging issue with VIP server renewal, I feel this is more a feature request to ask for then a bug report.

(Also your an absolute madman if your paying 90k+ robux per month on VIP servers… )

6 Likes

You can see the list of VIP servers in your inventory. You do have to click on each game to then see if your subscription is active iirc.

2 Likes

Interesting thank you - this doesn’t solve the issue of my robux disappearing without my knowing why

1 Like

Does it not? VIP servers are billed monthly unless you deactivate the subscription. Check which ones are still active.

If you don’t have enough funds you’ll get a message telling you it’s been deactivated. If you haven’t received this message and haven’t deactivated the servers yourself then the mystery is solved.

Subscriptions have never shown in the transactions tab other than the first purchase, so perhaps change this into a feature request to ask for it to show there. I’ve been stung a few times by VIP servers I didn’t know we’re still active too.

2 Likes

The thing is, i’ve been in this same situation and contacted roblox since I thought something bad had happened to my account or something. The staff told me to check my Transaction but I still could not find where my robux was going into. Had to do the other way around to find how my robux was all going missing, I calculated my total amount of robux then subtracted that from which I spent. Long story short, found out it was the VIP server which was taking my money. It’s unfortunate that roblox doesn’t let there players know and doesn’t have a log for when you automatically pay VIP servers…

2 Likes

It looks like you’re asking for a feature, and is it the same as this request?

4 Likes

If the debit doesn’t show in his transaction log, it’s a bug in my opinion.

Players should never wonder where their money went.

6 Likes

This has been brought up many times as a bug as well. It does show up in the transaction log (which is unsearchable and impractical), but out of order - I think they’re still all grouped with the original purchase listing in the log, which is nonsense.

Technically this is missing or poor functionality though, so ideally the feature request should be supported as the canonical topic about this issue.

1 Like