Monthly Game Stats Temporarily Unavailable

Hey developers,

Every month, we send data to the developers of the top 1000 games of that month. This data contains metrics and comparisons to games within the top 10 games on the platform for that month so that developers can get an idea of where their game stands.

We are aware that the reports from July and August are currently unavailable and we are working on a fix. When the reports are available, we will notify you. We appreciate your patience and understanding for the delay.

Thanks,
Developer Relations

100 Likes

Ah thanks, as a person who currently works for 2 top 1000 games and helps manage them, this is greatly appreciated, thank you for the update.

7 Likes

Really appreciate Roblox Dev Relations posting reports like this. As someone who has a top 1000 game, this is really helpful.

6 Likes

This is a bit off topic, so I apologize, but how are the top 1000 games calculated? By player count, revenue, or?

7 Likes

Thank you for the update, I’ve been unable to access it for a while now Monthly Game Stats Broken

5 Likes

I believe they are calculated by play time.

7 Likes

Great to have a word on this side of developer stats, however, can we get any info on why there was a random spike in avg visit length earlier in August?

There was a period of time where avg visit length stats were extremely obviously out of line

This has affected the monthly average visit length graph as well, leading to inaccurate stats, this is building a potential lack of trust in developer stats and is not a way to move forward as a platform.
This graph makes it seem like my team hit a low in avg visit time during the egg hunt event (true) then found ways to improve the mobile performance (also true), but August had much better results than September so far (false)

13 Likes

image2
So it is not just me…

5 Likes

These reports are a significant help to determine the health of my current games and help determine the base metrics my new release needs. Thanks for providing these and fixing.

3 Likes

July’s is up but I seem to be stuck in an indefinite queue.

3 Likes

July seems to be working now, any eta on August?

2 Likes

I just downloaded the Report for July but the August is Still not Available right now

1 Like

August reports claim to be available for my games now, however when I tried to generate the spreadsheet it resulted in an error, and since then if I return to the page and select August, the generate button is grayed out and waiting results in the same error message after a minute or two.

July does work for me, just not August. And this effect for August is happening across 2 of my games.

6 Likes

Not just you
the same thing is happening with me.

2 Likes

Hey developers,

These monthly reports are still unavailable for the time being as we continue investigating the issue and potential solutions. We’ll keep this thread updated.

Thanks,
Developer Relations

7 Likes

Once this is resolved, will there be a #public:incident-reports on this situation?

I noticed August’s is now available! Any ETA on September?

They are calculated by Gameplay Time. I’ve just recently got my report for the month of August.

1 Like

Even though August is available, none of the charts are downloading for me, only the top few tables. It’s already November and something as important as game stats still is not working since late July.

1 Like

Try importing the .xlsx file into google docs. That seemed to fix the formatting for me.

1 Like