More GUIs and Stuff

Kind of like ‘Shape’ in the Part instance. Circle, Rectange, and Triangle would be a godsend to have for GUIs.

While we’re on the topic…

A triangle Part (not wedge) would save me tons of parts. Currently I use two wedges to create any triangle I want, if I could use half of that imagine the performance improvements!

9 Likes

As a UI designer in ROBLOX, this would be a dream come true.

4 Likes

As someone who sucks at UI design in ROBLOX, this would be a dream come true for me.

Definitely a plus for everyone, lol. I’d mostly be using this for ClipDescendants and having perfect circles and triangles and such.

I think this would be like rotated frames where they won’t clip simply due to their complexity. Either way just having them would be AMAZING

1 Like

I still don’t see why we won’t ever get clipping for rotated guis. Really was a disappointment. We waited over a year for rotatoes for them to not have ClipsDescendants support.

On topic: I really support this suggestion, but how would child elements fit into a circle/triangle? Would a text label with the size of 1,0,1,0 and TextWrapped be able to go out of the circle/triangle?

1 Like

And rounded rectangles so I don’t have to upload an image and have clients download an image just so a rectangle can have rounded corners.

4 Likes

That would be pretty awesome. Especially if you could customize the corner-radius similar to CSS.

3 Likes

I could do that with a circle GUI shape…

image.png

3 Likes

And a possible Drop Shadow property for all of these, so we don’t have to use images? :smile:

1 Like

Yeah. I hate being forced to use images/roblox styles to achieve advanced gui looks. It should come native with gui elements.

1 Like

I think an overhaul of sorts would be really useful. Like instead of TextLabels TextButton TextBox’s we would have ‘TextInstance’ or whatever they call it and it has a property that lets us select it’s funciton: Label, Button, or Text Input. Can you imagine how much time that would save us? (And the roblox devs when they update them, I would imagine)

2 Likes

I think Ben (the staff member – not sure what his username here is) was wanting to do a GUI overhaul a while back, so I’d imagine the staff certainly see the need for it. All we can do now is suggest what we’d like to see.

1 Like

Border-radius is the first thing I would love to see. That would allow us to make circles.

Personally, I would rather just use HTML for UI, but Roblox would never do that. A good example of a game that does this is Rust.

2 Likes

Its been stated numerous times. Its not as simple as you think it is. There are many things to consider such as performance.

1 Like

I mean, I understand. I just wish that wasn’t the case.

I think what we’re looking for is an SVG implementation for ROBLOX GUIs. SVG is vector based, and would allow for lots of scaling (read: infinite), circles and fun shapes, and is a standardized implementation, so we could use other sources.

1 Like

Why didn’t I think of SVG implementation? That’d be SOOOOO useful!