More Roblox-specific Unicodes for .Text

Community Resource for Roblox Unicodes
Roblox currently allows us to use three unicodes which correspond to Roblox icons;

If you’d like to see them in a fresh baseplate place, run this code in Command Bar:

local ScreenGui = Instance.new("ScreenGui", game.StarterGui)
local TextLabel = Instance.new("TextLabel", ScreenGui)

TextLabel.Size = UDim2.new(0, 200, 0, 150)
TextLabel.TextScaled = true
TextLabel.Text = ""..utf8.char(0xE002)..","..utf8.char(0xE001)..","..utf8.char(0xE000)

They are awesome, but I’d like to see even more being available for developers.

Some suggested examples to add from the website:

• Roblox Icon
  • Roblox Studio Icon
  • Friends Icon ← This would be the best to add in my opinion
  • Favorite Icon (specifically Roblox Star, not the Emoji)
  • Inventory Icon
  • Messages Icon
  • Group Icon
  • Trade Icon

I believe that Roblox would directly benefit from adding more so that Developers’ would not upload their own icons (saving on Roblox’ storage and less assetIds to use universal logos / characters present inside the Roblox client and website.

Furthermore, I think it’d also help navigation for users / players as they could identify what these icons mean (such as Group Icon Unicode leading to something related to groups, Friend Icon related to something with friends/friended) if Developers have this resource.

Thank you for reading & I hope Roblox is able to give a response to this in Q1 2024! :heart:

102 Likes

they should just straight up add support for images in rich text using a single xml tag like

<image id="123456788" />

Edit roblox took too long so i just did it on my own lmfao
https://i.gyazo.com/4a5d6faa02c19101353e1c7bb16ca9d2

45 Likes

Adding support for displaying images in RichText would be far better than preset unicodes, it’d also help a load when trying to correctly scale a label with a prefix.

2 Likes

But what about text that doesn’t have RichText enabled? On things that you don’t want RichText enabled (altrough idk if RichText should be enabled by default but there some cases where people prefer having no rich text for specific TextLabel but still want to show icons?)

1 Like