More trade slots

I’ve run into an issue in trading where when I want to do a mass downgrade with any given user, we have to do multiple trades and a guy skimped out on a Green Ice Crown in a deal. I feel like this could be avoided if we had 8 slots or more to be able to trade with. This would make users trying to get big items like Purple Sparkle Time Fedora and stuff a lot easier. Instead of having to work through upgrading all their items and potentially losing money along the way, they could just trade 8 items worth like 150k each.

I could see myself using this to upgrade the 72 DIY Dominus’ I own to bigger items in 50% less trades.

10 Likes

Even more useful would be the ability to trade a “stack” of items.

So it is easy for me to add “Riptide x100” to a trade offer and it only takes up a single slot.

11 Likes

image.png

4 Likes

Why can’t we have a Steam-like trading system? :stuck_out_tongue:

Because it’s easy to come up with ideas for features and there isn’t time to get all of them done.

If we can only have one trading feature next year, I want stacks.

A more useful comment would detail what you like about the Steam trading system that the ROBLOX system doesn’t have. Because they are very similar.

3 Likes

I mean I kind of just assumed that adding something as simple as stacks and more slots wouldn’t take a lot of work to do, and would be best to do and implement at the same time.

I’d actually really enjoy the stacking first. It would make hoarding hats a lot more worth it so you can trade them off all at the same time. Pass on collections to other people.

Honestly just having stacks would be the best. Then more slots.

But having both would be neat still

THIS WAS MADE IN 2015 AND IT’S 2017. WHAT ARE THE WEB DEVELOPERS DOING? :roll_eyes:

We need a trading system similar to steam, where it’s just infinite

Please refrain from comments such as these.

The Feature Requests category is a way for us to inform engineers about features that we may be interested in. It does not mean that everything that is posted here is guaranteed to happen, no matter how many or few responses / upvotes / etc it elicits. All Feature Requests are weighed internally for their envisioned impact, whether they fit with Roblox’s vision at that time, and the amount of different use cases that they solve.

More than 4 trade slots has been a need since its introduction in fall of 2012. I remember the day it came out, we were happy to have a system that allowed us to trade securely, but we couldn’t trade more than 4 items. Almost 5 years later, we’re still stuck with the same 4 slots. It’s getting kinda frustrating knowing that allowing us to even have double the amount of trade slots wouldn’t even take half a day to complete & ship.

Having more trade slots will stop a LOT of scamming with multi trading. I support.

As more items are added to a trade, the probability that someone will accidentally overlook something and get “scammed” goes up. It could be insignificant though, I haven’t traded in years.

That’s not how software development works. Something as simple as underscores in usernames was announced in October of 2015 and shipped in February of 2016 (5 months), and this only included implementation/testing and not design.

More trade slots also needs to be researched/design so it doesn’t have negative consequences on the platform – for instance, will more trade slots save more user items that are lost through multi-trade scams than it loses through stealing someone’s entire inventory at once? Do users really need to be able to trade their entire inventory in a single trade, or is just bumping up the number of trade slots (e.g. 10) enough for legitimate trading needs? And when we increase the number of trade slots, how do we change the interface? Do we add a horizontal scrollbar? Add another row of slots?

Design, implementation, and testing are not fast processes – especially on a scale where you have to support a userbase the size of ROBLOX’s. This is not something that could be knocked out in an afternoon. It is likely slated for whenever the trading interface is overhauled, but there are a lot of more prominent pages on that list as well (groups, “community” forums/equivalent, develop page, etc). There are a lot of other users’ needs that need to be addressed as well – not just traders’.

Maybe not an afternoon, but it’s been 5 years…

And ROBLOX has been working on other features this entire time since 2012. Traders are not the center of the universe.

Could’ve fit a little bit of time into something that the whole trade community has been praying for for years. :frog::tea:

They decided to fit in features other communities have been requesting, or features that affected a substantial larger proportion of users. Traders are not the center of the universe – entitlement is not going to get it done any faster.