Morphing players into soccer balls

I want to turn players into a round object (soccer ball) but I have no idea how to go about this.

Do I have to detect the player, make all their parts invisible and then clone and weld my soccerball onto the invisible player or?

looking for a direction or tutorial that could get me started

Simple way to do it is GetChildren on the players character, if the child is a Part, MeshPart or then set the transparency to 1. The clone your soccer ball to the same Position as the characters HumanoidRootPart.

Can’t you just put the model in StarterPlayer with it being named ‘StarterCharacter’?

Or are you supposed to use welding etc and scripts, I’m not familiar with these kind of stuff.

Would you use “pairs” or “ipairs” for something like this? not sure if I am understanding how those work exactly but i think it would something loop through the GetChildren and if I = Part then set transparency to 1

I might be very wrong here haha

This depends on the effect you want. Do you want it to just look like a soccer ball or actually be a soccer ball?
If it’s the former then you can just weld a soccer ball model to the character and turn the existing character transparent. If it’s the latter then:

1 Like

To loop through the character, I use the following:

-- Assuming "character" is the player character you are modifying
for _, child in ipairs(character:GetChildren()) do		-- Loop thru character Children
	if 	part:IsA("Part") or part:IsA("MeshPart") then		-- Check if Child is a Part or a Mesh
		-- Do stuff to the character parts
		part.CanCollide = false
		part.Transparency = 1
	end
end