Motor6D having trouble animating Tool

Hello, I am having problems with some Motor6D, the problem is that the second Motor6D does not run any animation.

The main problem is that the “defaultMaterial” Motor6D does not run any animation.

Roblox animator view:

In-game view:

defaultMaterial Motor6D properties:

3 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, is defaultMaterial the Motor6D attached to the handle? If so, are you also using a script that turns the welding of the tool into a Motor6D? If so, I think you should instead name defaultMaterial to Handle instead and export that animation.

If you aren’t using the script, it actually helps with animating the tool’s handle. Normally, you cannot animate the handle of a tool. Because, it’s going to turn into a weld that welds onto the player’s arm; Therefore, any animation regarding to the handle will not animate. But the owner of the script (who’s actually the owner of Moon Animator 2) created a script specifically for that reason, to animate the handles! Just put in “Tool Motor6D” and find the name “xSixx” (or somewhere in that lines) as the owner of the script.

Or, alternatively, you could follow this tutorial whom also created the same thing.

2 Likes

The defaultMaterial Motor6D is handled to the Mesh.

Yes, but only for the Right Arm and the Handle.

local Tool = script.Parent
local players = game:GetService("Players")
local player
local character
local motor3
Tool.Equipped:Connect(function()
	player = players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(script.Parent.Parent)
	character = player.Character
	character:WaitForChild("Right Arm"):WaitForChild("RightGrip"):Destroy()
	motor3 = Instance.new("Motor6D", character:WaitForChild("Right Arm"))
	motor3.C0 = CFrame.new(Vector3.new(-0.179, -0.974, 0.018)) * CFrame.Angles(0, 0, 0) -- Setting up the Motor6D CFrame
	motor3.Part0 = character:WaitForChild("Right Arm")
	motor3.Part1 = Tool.Handle
end)
Tool.Unequipped:Connect(function()
	motor3:Destroy()
end)

This is how the tool is composed:

• H: Makes the handle follow the Rig Part. I tried to put the Rig Part as the handle but it this happens:
    Bruh

• Rig2: Bone #1 of the model, controls the lower part of the Tool and has the Rig2 Part on Part1 property.

• defaultMaterial: Controls the mesh.

local m6d

tool.Equipped:Connect(function()
	local a:Weld = char:FindFirstChild("Right Arm"):WaitForChild("RightGrip")
	m6d = Instance.new("Motor6D")
	m6d.Parent = char:FindFirstChild("Right Arm")
	m6d.Name = "RightGrip"
	m6d.Part0 = a.Part0
	m6d.Part1 = a.Part1
	m6d.C0 = a.C0
	m6d.C1 = a.C1
	a:Destroy()
end)

tool.Unequipped:Connect(function()
	m6d:Destroy()
end)
1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer, I tried your script and it gives the same results. I think the problem is that the defaultMaterial part cannot be moved by the Handle (it’s what i think)

1 Like

Hmm… I’d say you could try turning the SpecialMesh into a MeshPart if it’s not already and try again. It might give the same results, though…

2 Likes

The model is already a MeshPart.

I got a solution!! it was just reupload the animations with the modified model (the original was this)

2 Likes

AHHH, Nice job! And good luck on your game, I’d love to play it when it’s available. (the animation looks like the game will succeed tremendously)

1 Like

Tysm < 3, I really appreciate your positivity and that you motivate me to continue with my project. Good luck for you too!!!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.