Movie Lighting Plugin - Professional pre-made lighting!

Hmm… I got a comment about the plugin being malicious, and I just want to clear this up!

As stated by previous replies, the Movie Lighting plugin will NEVER insert scripts (let alone malicious scripts) without you knowing. I’m not sure if this user is new to Studio and go confused by the popup, but I would just like to address this.

The source code is by default viewable, so if you really don’t believe me, you can download it and view it. I’m just asking that you fork anything from it! </3

I believe this plugin caused a malicious script to be inserted into my game. I trusted the plugin due to its good reviews and the post on the devforum. The script was re-attached consistently untill I removed this program.

I understand the creator stated it wasn’t malicious, but this is my experience and I just would like to let people know.

It seems that you may have a stolen copy of my plugin, or another plugin inserting that. Movie Lighting will not insert any code inside of your game without you asking.

If you really need to, load the plugins source-code.

Further disproving these claims, I’ve signed in to an alt account and installed my plugin. After a couple minutes of building, nothing has happened, no scripts or any objects added.

It was your plugin, I followed your exact link. Im not sure what to say otherwise.

I can ensure you it’s not my plugin.

idk bro, can’t you just look at the source code? Actually, where is the source code?

Insert the plugin using InsertService or BTRoblox.

1 Like

well according to the rules you have to include the source code in community resources.

If it’s a paid plugin. Everything free on Roblox is open source

ahh ok. but i think you should still do it.

Looked at all the scripts in the plugin, and there is no malicious plugins at all. @rxuntz, you have a plugin installed called Billboard Maker which installs malicious scripts into ServerScriptService.

I recommend you uninstall this plugin immediately and clean your game of any malware scripts this plugin caused.

3 Likes

Thanks, sorry about the misunderstanding on my part.

1 Like

I don’t really know if I can use this, some people are saying it has some suspicious scripts and stuff in it. But from the Pictures, I can say that it looks nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

let me just say it look very nice but I am not gonna use it until I am 100% sure :smiley:

This was one of the comments I saw, I don’t know if it is the truth or not, I don’t know if they are lying.

hello when i attempt to use it i got a warning a malicious scripts thingy
its good by the way

some of the lighting type will look better if we could set height of fog

edit: the cartoon helped me a lot , can we have night time of cartoon

-skyquest

Does this answer your question?

My plugin is being blamed for “injecting scripts” into your game without your permission, just because it’s one of the only plugins that warn you about this.

People blame my plugin even though they have another plugin inserting scripts into their game. Therefor, the user blames us.

Movie Lighting (1.0) has been proven to be safe by @ghidras.

I’m not sure why the script injection prompt (by Roblox) pops up. The popup started before I added the feature to convert your lighting to a module.

However, if these arrogant and attacking comments keep coming in, I will disable the plugin’s comments.

I’ve done everything to protect the user using my plugin, but all I get is comments about script injection.

These past 20 comments have been nothing constructive about the plugin itself, just a stupid bugged injection warning.

It’s really disappointing and demotivating seeing my work be degraded by these comments.

If Movie Lighting 2 comes out, I will ensure the false positive script injection prompt by Roblox does not pop-up unless the user converts their lighting into a module. The new plugin will also be easier for users to read. (So when I inevitably get blamed, it will be easier to disprove).

Movie Lighting 2 will also have a Repo on Github, so the user can see the source code and or learn.

2 Likes

can’t wait for move lighting plugin 2 : ) made lighting easier

1 Like

Yep, thanks for the response, have a great day :smiley: