Multiple camera viewports

I would mostly consider this idea to be a ROBLOX feature not limited to client or studio…

Most of you who use other software for developing or solid modeling whether it be for video or for image purposes know the term called View ports and how useful they are.

Here is an example of utilizing viewports in another program.

(Notice how the differn’t view ports are focused on a differn’t area or axis)

I guess I could use this feature in studio, but what if it was an actual feature for the client?
I was thinking a viewport could have the properties and behavior of a Gui object and the camera itself.
So like… being able to use them in Surface, Billboard, and Screen Guis.

Haven’t had full thought on this idea but I really wanted to get it off my mind, I can expand on this if needbe.

1 Like

Do a search and you’ll see this has been suggested many times before. :wink:

Ooo, didn’t know others would enjoy this feature.

If this was a thing, I could probably develop a lot faster in some cases, or make a killer camera security system.

1 Like

tbh a lot of editors have this and I hate it >.>

However I feel like I could use it on roblox pretty well. Allowing you to make adjustments and see the big picture.

If you hate it, you can always use just one viewport, and close the rest. There’s no reason to go against a great features based on person preference <3

Edit: I would so use custom viewports as features in my games, plus, it’s not even that inefficient C-side, if it’s coded right

[quote] If you hate it, you can always use just one viewport, and close the rest. There’s no reason to go against a great features based on person preference <3

Edit: I would so use custom viewports as features in my games, plus, it’s not even that inefficient C-side, if it’s coded right [/quote]

Sorry, but sadly we can’t just push the magic implement a great feature now button :frowning: Some people are against it because it would take a lot more work than it’s worth, and there are loads of other updates we’d rather see sooner.

Would be cool, though

[quote] If you hate it, you can always use just one viewport, and close the rest. There’s no reason to go against a great features based on person preference <3

Edit: I would so use custom viewports as features in my games, plus, it’s not even that inefficient C-side, if it’s coded right [/quote]

Sorry, but sadly we can’t just push the magic implement a great feature now button :frowning: Some people are against it because it would take a lot more work than it’s worth, and there are loads of other updates we’d rather see sooner.

Would be cool, though[/quote]

I think you may of gotten the idea of what he was saying. No one was rushing or saying this is a top priority or anything. We understand that Roblox has priorities obviously. You can work on so much at a time. We are just saying we would like this feature to come in the future. Rather this should be a topic discussed by the staff and they’ll talk it out and decide if its a feature worth putting into Studio. If so, put it on a wishlist or a planned features list. If not then throw it out the window.

If ROBLOX, as I understand, is using a graphics engine based on OGRE there is built in support for multiple viewports. (I don’t know what version of OGRE was used, or how much of the engine has been removed though so I can’t really say anything with any degree of certainty.)

To be honest, I REALLY want the true viewport. Yeah, we were given viewport with its own world, but it’s not reliable in certain cases.

Uses

• Monitoring TVs inside of a security room
    With those additions, it’d be kind of cool to develop a kind of unease and to know you are always watching your movement…depending on the game.
  • FNAF inspired kids
  • Mirrors!

I’ve been wanting to implement reflection for a while now, but using viewport seems to be resource heavy and there’s all the complicated process of duplicating. Sad to see people also have been wanting this, yet never gets implemented.