Multiple Genres + More Genres

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to list the right genre for your game.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I’d be able to give a more specific genre to my game.

My game is a survival game, but I have to put the genre to building because that’s a sub-genre for my game.

If Roblox is able to resolve this, my game is more likely to get recommended to the right audience.

8 Likes

Just FYI there is an endless heap of various feature requests related to asset/experience tags and genres. Genres on their own in their current state are not particularly useful or impactful, and that you can only have one at a time makes them too rigid. Tags are a much better solution to improving game discovery.

6 Likes

I think of lots of the same feature requests as a protest. Roblox shouldn’t stop multiple people from making the same feature request since that just means lots of people want that feature! Which in return should make Roblox think about implementing that feature.

This divides feedback and makes it much harder for engineers to keep track of everything in one place. Whenever possible, do not make a duplicate unless the old topics are grossly insufficient, or severely outdated that they may not be tracked anymore.

1 Like

Roblox, or more specifically one of their teams, is working on this.

Sometime this year, hopefully.

5 Likes

This is not how Roblox browses the devforum – there’s some prioritization going on based on thread engagement. If you have 10 smaller threads with 10 Likes and a few replies, that will not be noticed as fast as 1 thread with lots of replies and 100+ Likes.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.