Multiple SocialService Features Broken

SocialService really needs some care…

Multiple SocialService features are no longer working. I can’t pinpoint when this started happening, but I have observed these issues for more than a month now.

• SocialService:PromptGameInvite is using the mobile UI on PC (a tiny vertical window, rather than the big window seen here.
  • SocialService:PromptGameInvite no longer shows the online status of users. Instead, all of the player’s friends appear as offline.
  • Even though it is documented, SocialService.PromptInviteRequested is RobloxScript security only, for some reason.
  • SocialService.GameInvitePromptClosed always passes an empty table as the second argument, no matter how many players were invited. This makes the event completely useless and clearly is not intended.
  • SocialService Invites don’t set FollowUserId.

The only thing working about SocialService is that it at least actually does send invites. Every other feature is currently broken in some way. I hope Roblox sees this!

10 Likes

For me, even this feature is broken. I’ve tried multiple solutions but I just can’t get it to work. Not even without SocialService:CanSendGameInviteAsync()!

EDIT: It doesn’t show up at all for me, is what I mean.
EDIT 2: It just worked for me (without changing the script whatsoever), so my conclusion is that it only works sometimes and it’s very unstable.

I’m pretty sure this is intentional. The big window is for the menu.

This change was made not long after SocialService’s release and is intentional.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

Any progress on this topic? The service is still incredibly broken nearly a year later

GameInvitePromptClosed still returns an empty recipientId array

Large warning when opening the menu:

Controller selector appears when no controller is connected:

2 Likes

Still experiencing this issue. Social service hasn’t been updated for a long time, please look into this. The warning still appears although the system works. Please keep a separate gui for mobile and PCs and other devices.

This is an intentional feature to prevent abuse

1 Like