Murder Mystery Game Ideas - Feedback and Suggestions

Hi! I’ve recently created this post for reference: Coding a Murder Mystery Game - In-depth Coding Tutorial

Recently, I worked on a tutorial for creating a murder mystery game. I’ve fallen in LOVE with the game and was thinking of making it into a full-fledged game. I didn’t want to make this an “ordinary” murder mystery game, so I’ve come up with a few ideas to stir it up! Here are a few of my ideas:

• Adding in new game modes so it isn’t just your typical murder mystery. A game mode I had planned was “Murder Madness” which is essentially just everyone being the murderer and the last one standing wins. Another game mode named “Sheriff Madness” which is essentially everyone being the sheriff and the last one standing wins. These are to list a few, though I do have a few others planned but are not done.
  • Murderer abilities! The murderer will have the ability to do things but will have to purchase them from the shop. An example ability would be the ability to go invisible for X amount of time. Another one would be just to kill the lights for everyone else. Another one would be to have a faster speed when holding the weapon. This is just to list a few.

These are a few of my ideas I have planned. I do plan to add in more features, but for right now this is what I am sticking to. If you have any feedback and/or suggestions, I’d greatly appreciate them!

2 Likes

Cool ideas, but these aren’t unique. Other games such as Neo Knives and Murder 15 have these. Do some more research before coming up with ideas to make sure they are your own. : D

1 Like

I had other ideas but I removed it to protect them from being stolen.

1 Like