Group asset prices aren't updating when I change them

Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
After you upload a shirt, you’re usually able to immediately set a name, description, and price. However, ever since the website update a couple days ago went live to everyone, I’ve noticed that this is no longer the case and updates are taking significantly longer to publish and sometimes, don’t even load at all. A little difficult to explain, but I hope the video I’ve attached below shows the problem in better detail.

This may be a cache issue, somewhat related to: Can't change personal text on profile

How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.
It happens a majority of the time immediately after you upload a new clothing item. To reproduce the error, upload a shirt, wait for it to get approved, attempt to put the shirt on sale and set a price, the catalog shows the price you set, but when you attempt to actually buy the shirt, it says the item is off sale. The expected behavior is that the item should be on sale for the price that was set.

Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue. Discontinued - Roblox

Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.
I screenrecorded the problem and published it on streamable here

When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.
This started happening after the new configuration page was released to the public. (New group page)

9 Likes

I’ve attempted to upload pieces of clothing to my groups recently and a strange error is occuring in which the assets are not being rendered for sale properly, although it displays in my group store as for sale and in the configure items window. The item is non purchaseable, from what I’ve heard from some of my friends they are also experiencing similar issues so this may be website-wide for any newly uploaded clothing.

This makes any newly uploaded clothing be in a form of suspension as it is unable to be sold whatsoever.

Group: The Wizardium Phoenix Order - Roblox

Assets: [TWPO] Wizards Garments (-) - Roblox and [TWPO] Wizards Garments (+) - Roblox

2 Likes

Thanks for the reports! We are looking into the issue - it doesn’t seem to be happening for everyone so reports including group and asset IDs will help us narrow down the problem. Sorry for the bad experience and we will work hard to get this resolved ASAP.

3 Likes

I am also unable to properly sell assets in my group. I recently uploaded several pieces of clothing and they were apparently unable to be purchased. Examples are provided below.

firefox_TmvIKKyMTo
firefox_s67if2BeFr

The affected assets are two of a batch that were uploaded today into the group provided.

Example asset 1: [VERSTAND/🔄] Violetvalk- [Made by Helvetica] - Roblox
Example asset 2: [VERSTAND/🔄] Violetvalk Jeans [Made by Helvetica] - Roblox
Group: Bartleville Outfitters - Roblox

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I have tried to put several pieces of clothing on sale. It displays as on sale; you click it and that is not the case.

2 Likes

Hey all,
Thanks for your patience. We’ve identified the problem and a fix will be released soon. However, a workaround should you need to create a group-owned asset before the fix goes live is to set the price of the asset before changing the description (updating the description before the price is actually what is causing the bug).
I’ll update this thread once the issue is resolved :pray: :pray: :pray:

11 Likes

The problem is resolved. It will take us a bit of time and effort to recover the items that were affected, but you shouldn’t have any problems with new assets. Please let us know if you have any issues with new assets!

6 Likes

Excuse me, I understand that the issue was resolved but I have a concern related to the clothing that are still in need of recovery: I had this same bug occur to me though I’m in a partnership with Roblox High-School 2 in which I’m able to display clothing and sell them directly to users in game.

The clothing in question despite not appearing as on sale in both the catalog and group store are still being sold in the game (As it shows in my creation tab.) But when checking the groups “Revenue Sales” it doesn’t display them as being sold what-so-ever contradicting the creation tabs sales.

There’s been multiple sales on these specific items, so I’m wondering what’s happened to the robux earned from them.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.