My chat is broken!

Hello, all! I have the new chat in Roblox, and I don’t think this is the issue, however, my chat is SUPER high above my character. Any ideas to fix this?

Many thanks! :slight_smile:

It is most likely because you made a custom name tag above the player, so it goes to the top to not block out the name tag GUI. Also, would you really want your bubble chat blocking your name tag?

1 Like

Your character is R6, right? Many people have reported the same issue on the announcement thread. Here’s a reply: The Big Bubble Chat Rework - #77 by BenSBk

4 Likes

I believe this post mentioned something about that: The Big Bubble Chat Rework

I might be wrong ( as I do not work with scripting / UI ) but, I believe it is for incase you have anything special above your character like, ranks or custom names. I’ve also seen that it is an issue between using R6-R15.

Regardless, I hope you find what you are looking for over on that post I linked.

1 Like

This is an issue for everyone using R6 and bubble chat. This should be reversible soon.

1 Like

In the meantime, you can always disable the new bubble chat.

3 Likes

Thank you for your support! I must have missed that comment. :slight_smile:

Not sure if this will work, but on your custom rank guis or whatever those are, go under the ScreenGui and check IgnoreGuiInset to true. I had something similar but with guis, not chat, and this seemed to work for me.

We use BillboardGUIs. But thanks for the help. :slight_smile: