My Concern About the Detrimental Social Effects of a BROKEN MODERATION SYSTEM

Recently, I posted a question to the RDC 2020 Q&A Panel through this post. It was submitted is as follows (with some modifications):

I’ve been doing some research on Rōblox’s abysmally-structured moderation team. They have a track record of neglecting to reinstate accounts that were either cursorily terminated or banned temporarily. I had experienced first-hand a case of the latter - my account hadn’t been reinstated until after the ban elapsed.

From what information I was able to collect, I have concluded the following:

• Some are employed at a temp agency in Southern California.
  • Others have been outsourced to India.
  • ALL moderators use Salesforce/ZenDesk to manage enquiries, as well as an in-house admin panel to manage accounts beyond even their owners’ control.
  • That they - and solely they - are responsible for the false termination of many accounts that did nothing to deserve them in the first place.
  • Though I am uncertain, I believe I had seen Rōblox discuss a comprehensive overhaul to the moderation system to be announced during RDC 2020.

I had been attempting to seek more information - or possibly an update on the matter. Despite having got in touch with tens of contacts on LinkedIn and on Twitter, I hadn’t received any medium of communication I could use to address the issue directly to the moderation teams.
If this question gets answered by the panel, hundreds of disgruntled developers may finally see a just moderation system in the near future that doesn’t create a fearful ecosystem in spite of the livelihoods of the nonzero developers whose livelihoods were greatly disturbed by the safety team’s lack of thoroughness.

A Nonexhaustive List of Persons Affected

The following people have had their livelihoods severely affected by the moderation team’s lack of action towards false positive cases; the list is short as I don’t have many names off the top of my head:

Decablox
Pewdiepie

3 Likes