RDC 2020: Submit your Roblox Q&A Panel questions!

Hey developers,

We’re just a week away from the Virtual Roblox Developers Conference 2020! We’re continuing our tradition of hosting a Roblox Q&A Panel to answer all of your burning, Roblox-related questions.

We’re looking for questions pertaining to any of our engineering or product teams! If you have a question for Roblox engineers that you want answered, this is your opportunity to ask.

Simply fill out the survey below to submit your questions before July 20th.

https://survey.roblox.com/s3/RDC-2020-Roblox-Panel-Questions

Thanks,

Developer Relations

194 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 12 minutes.

Are there any plans on letting us UGC creators provide free accessories through games and badges?

123 Likes

Any chance we can ask a few here and hopefully get them answered in replies too? Or is this just for asking in the survey for it to be addressed at the RDC?

Edit: looks like yes

Here was mine:

The Rojo repository on GitHub was moved over to Roblox, so does this mean Rojo will be officially supported in the future while still allowing the use of an external text editor and Git with GitHub?

17 Likes

My question was “What can be done about old ratings that are no longer relevant impacting the displayed rating for games?”

23 Likes

It’s nice to see that we can ask questions about the future for us developers for engineering purposes and for UGC creators, their own UGC questions from them or members.

Question about this: Will all the questions be answered and explained thoroughly in RDC 2020 and could they be impeded on Roblox for the roadmap next year if possible?

My question was quite interesting but no revealing yet. :shushing_face:

9 Likes

Will there be more animation updates or/and addons such as more priorities?

10 Likes

Will there be username sweeps anytime soon?

For inactive and old accounts with barely any playtime, activity and no payment wasted on it, of course.

There are barely any usernames left to take which have a meaning for users so it’d be extremely beneficial for usernames to be sweeped.

33 Likes

My question is PBR Textures where are they in game? They’ve been in studio beta for six month but aren’t in game yet.

11 Likes

Question #2: Can we get a localised version of modules?

6 Likes

Will Genre Sort return to the Games page? As a developer, it’s difficult for people to discover my games, because the only categories right now are things like “Top Earning” or “Most Engaging”. In the old days, you could filter things like “Town and City”, “Sci-Fi”, or “Military” which made it more accessible to communities seeking a specific experience.

22 Likes

FYI you’re meant to put your questions in the survey – it can be completed multiple times.

41 Likes

When will we see the site getting localized to the rest languages? Will they come slowly or all together?

7 Likes

I don’t have a question :>

Hey There! :wave:

6 Likes

My question was something like this: “When will the ‘copy’ clothes be removed?”.

19 Likes

My Question is if there will ever be any chance of being able to change an existing group name, maybe something like we see when changing usernames, a cost to change the name of your group.

16 Likes

Do you plan on making a UGC program application process?

15 Likes
  • Will there be any UGC aplications? If so, wich will the conditions be?

• When will FIB lighting finally release for public?

14 Likes

This shouldn’t happen as some of those people may have spent money on the platform and returned after 5 or more years only to have their account deleted.

5 Likes