My ENTIRE GAME broke from a Roblox update! (HELP NEEDED)

So I didn’t touch my game at all, then out of nowhere after a recent update on roblox yesterday, my game just broke out of nowhere. I’ve checked the version history and confirmed that it was untouched so it literally just broke by itself. What’s even weirder is that all the older versions from before the game broke has the same bug now. And then I realized that the bug only happens in Roblox Client and not Roblox Studio which makes matters even more confusing!

The bug in question is about NPCs and scripts stopping (SEE ATTACHED VIDEO)

So other than NPCs going through the floor, the main script for the game just stops at a random part of the script with no errors in the output?? The script worked perfectly for over 2 years until 2 days ago, so why is it happening now despite the game being untouched?? (SEE ATTACHED PHOTO)

I’d like to know what’s causing these problems that just popped out of NOWHERE to happen. My second guess is that maybe the game could be hacked?? But then, there are no viruses and why would it only happen just now when I haven’t touched the game for so long? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

34 Likes

MY guesss is that you could have turned Collisions off. But that is only a guess.

15 Likes

try setting the network owner to the server

14 Likes

i wouldve loved for it to be that simple but sadly not, plus like i said, the game just broke by itself without ever touching it or even opening roblox studio :frowning:

12 Likes

It could be multiple things.

1. Do you have StreamEnabled on?

• My thought process is that something might not be streamed in propely or you aren’t using :WaitForChild() or something. And thus, collisions of something doesn’t work in time. :person_shrugging:
  2. The following could be at play, not sure:

Source: https://create.roblox.com/docs/reference/engine/classes/Humanoid#MoveTo

3. Maybe you’re not actually reaching the ‘Humanoid’. Try printing the humanoid with :GetFullName().

Not sure what it could be, but I hope that helps.

11 Likes

sadly none is the case, and i’ve tried messing with streamenabled properties and turning it on and off.

10 Likes

So I just found out that copy and pasting all instances and properties to a completely different start place and rbxl works, but then when I move that rbxl over to the original game, it breaks again! How is this possible for the original start place to be “corrupted”? What am I missing here???

Same rbxl and everything. The solution I thought of would be to teleport everyone to “dekete” on join but then another problem occured. Once I teleport everyone to the place that works, suddenly even that stops working once the flood of players join! It literally doesn’t make any sense to me or all the other developers that I’ve talked to.

11 Likes

this is just a stupid guess, but maybe the issue is related to roblox servers or something?

ok another stupid guess for you: maybe theres a backdoor?

ok so this might be extremely obvious but it seems like the only reason this would normally happen is when the character doesn’t have a humanoid root part, you’re sure that carl has that right? (Maybe theres some issue where it doesn’t load when its laggy???)

ok nvm but that looks like there some problems with the humanoid root part idk

actually this seems to happen when the evaluate state machine thing gets turned off, and like even if you turn it back on it would still be broken idky

11 Likes

I had a somewhat similar issue to this yesterday with tweens. One of my tweens would move to the other tween’s position but only in the client version of Roblox. I was able to fix it by going to an older version of my game but I still don’t know what caused it. I am guessing that it is a Roblox issue but who knows.

7 Likes

idk if this is the issue, but when you turn off “evaluatestatemachine” for a humanoid, it just completely breaks even when you turn it back on, however, if you clone it, the clone seems to function just fine.
Screen Shot 2023-10-07 at 11.22.49 AM
(123 is a clone of 667 and is completely the same)
maybe roblox servers for whatever reason had it checked off at first???

idk might be related to this (it is a recent update afterall)

omg groovy im ur biggest fan

14 Likes

I had this exact issue and solved it by updating studio. Is it the latest version?

9 Likes

yup. all instance properties, all studio settings.

8 Likes

good guesses but yeah we’ve tried everything, even deleting every single script. im really starting to believe this is related to roblox servers because why else would it just stop working randomly after a flood of players

10 Likes

still happening even with every single script removed. absolutely everything removed, and yet its still happening only on this starting place, but not any other places. even with r15 as you can see the image below. ive confirmed that there arent any script issues, this is seriously a roblox issue.

6 Likes

Are the legs for some reason set to collide false?

4 Likes

Hm,

I’ve seen this glitch/bug happening in the game Residence Massacre where for some reason the move to (or PathfindingService) seemingly didn’t work anymore/properly (There is a post to that, has been hidden tho). Tho it worked in a copy of the game, which was weird and then it happened 8 hours later. This issue was resolved however, no reason stated. It might be some real issue happening right now.

5 Likes

it’s probably John’s fault. (joke)

but seriously it’s so weird that Roblox don’t test updates before release.

2 Likes

Hey, I know this sounds dumb but try re-installing Roblox Studio, then open it again and test but in client after Publish. Someone else had this issue and they just re-installed Roblox Studio!!!

4 Likes

Maybe try overwriting the start place with ‘dekete’ in file> save to roblox as

4 Likes

pretty sure they did do that, but it still breaks when alot of people join

2 Likes