My ENTIRE GAME broke from a Roblox update! (HELP NEEDED)

idk if this is the issue, but when you turn off “evaluatestatemachine” for a humanoid, it just completely breaks even when you turn it back on, however, if you clone it, the clone seems to function just fine.
Screen Shot 2023-10-07 at 11.22.49 AM
(123 is a clone of 667 and is completely the same)
maybe roblox servers for whatever reason had it checked off at first???

idk might be related to this (it is a recent update afterall)

omg groovy im ur biggest fan

14 Likes

I had this exact issue and solved it by updating studio. Is it the latest version?

9 Likes

yup. all instance properties, all studio settings.

8 Likes

good guesses but yeah we’ve tried everything, even deleting every single script. im really starting to believe this is related to roblox servers because why else would it just stop working randomly after a flood of players

10 Likes

still happening even with every single script removed. absolutely everything removed, and yet its still happening only on this starting place, but not any other places. even with r15 as you can see the image below. ive confirmed that there arent any script issues, this is seriously a roblox issue.

6 Likes

Are the legs for some reason set to collide false?

4 Likes

Hm,

I’ve seen this glitch/bug happening in the game Residence Massacre where for some reason the move to (or PathfindingService) seemingly didn’t work anymore/properly (There is a post to that, has been hidden tho). Tho it worked in a copy of the game, which was weird and then it happened 8 hours later. This issue was resolved however, no reason stated. It might be some real issue happening right now.

5 Likes

it’s probably John’s fault. (joke)

but seriously it’s so weird that Roblox don’t test updates before release.

2 Likes

Hey, I know this sounds dumb but try re-installing Roblox Studio, then open it again and test but in client after Publish. Someone else had this issue and they just re-installed Roblox Studio!!!

4 Likes

Maybe try overwriting the start place with ‘dekete’ in file> save to roblox as

4 Likes

pretty sure they did do that, but it still breaks when alot of people join

2 Likes

Are you saving it as a separate experience or just a separate place within the same experience?

3 Likes

update: This is 100% a Roblox bug, all NPCs are broken. Try it now, put a bunch of NPCs on a baseplate, free modeled or not, publish it to Roblox, then keep rejoining using Roblox client and NOT studio (they do not break in studio for some reason) until they sink to the ground permanently even after future rejoins. I’ve had a bunch of random people and devs test this out with same results. Will send a bug report to Roblox right now.

6 Likes

I’ve just tried this in a published game, using both toolbox models and a inserted character rig from the rig builder. I have rejoined multiple times and nothing has happened yet.

I don’t think roblox would have fixed this already so I might just be lucky.

Note: I saw a that a roblox staff member has replied to one of the posts about this and it will hopefully be fixed soon.

5 Likes

Sorry, just as I posted that I checked on the NPC game and saw it was back up and running at 500 players. Maybye I was not lucky and roblox have fixed it already.

3 Likes

Found a small workaround to this problem if you need it here it is:

5 Likes

Hello developers! Engineers are actively working on identifying the root cause of the issue and resolving it. For more information, please see the linked post below. We will also be communicating on that thread with further updates regarding this issue.

3 Likes

Howdy, we’ve fully released the fix for the issue. Please let us know if it is not resolved. Thank you!

5 Likes

In my test game the npc’s work now.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.