My first complete game

the game is good but is it supposed to end when you reach the bed?

1 Like

The game is pretty good I like the idea of it. But I have a few issues its just emptiness when you start I mean like no music/talking sound effect if I was you I would add undertale talking sound effects. And adding music that fits

1 Like

Pretty much, after you reach the bed the chat between the two entities happens, and the entire world falls apart.

2 Likes

I would say after I built the bridge I left the game because I didn’t realize there was a bed. So I didn’t see that part.

Maybe include some directions after completing the bridge. It is important to reward players for their work they put into the game.

1 Like

Thats strange, There are directions after completeing the bridge. Might be a bug, I will look into it.

1 Like

Not trying to make you feel bad, but this game feels like a waste of time.

Although there was barley anything to do in the game already, I got some enjoyment in the first parts of the game, and then it came with the bridge.

It was boring.

I didn’t knew how long I was going to build this bridge, but I continued playing it anyways.

Then I reached to the island, I didn’t know what else to do because there were no more instructions.

And then I fell of the island by accident.

The experience with the game was boring, again, there was just nothing to do except building the bridge.

Try to add more effort on the game experience to be more enjoyable.

2 Likes

I made the game, And I had to play test it, I know its boring. The point of the game was never for it to be some super enjoyable experience, it was meant so that I could sharpen my skills, and for practice in game developement. Its my first complete project. I posted it to the Dev forum, so that I could find bugs, and get feedback on small little features I could add to make it just that little bit better because Im aware its boring.

This is a bug, there are instructions once you reach the end. I am trying to find the issue.

1 Like

Have you thought about looking on Fiverr and hiring an actual voice actor to do the dialogue? This could add so much to the game especially if you have a good voice-over.

1 Like

If I ever revisit this project in the future, That is definitly something I would think about doing! Thanks for the advice.

2 Likes

I just finished this. It was an interesting experience and a great first project. My one recommendation would be to use the property MaxVisbleGraphemes on your typewriter effect. It’s distracting to have the text resizing while it’s going and using that property would fix that. Typewriter Effect: New property MaxVisibleGraphemes (Live)

2 Likes

The game is ok.

I do not like how I spent 15 minutes building a bridge, but I think it’s fine since this is your first complete project. I think it’s cool if it was for the intention of building your skills.

1 Like

Positives:

It’s an interesting concept and you’ve put a lot of work into it. I also like the fact you have a narration system in the game.

Nearing the end as the player reached the island, I noticed the time of day got later, which I thought was cool.

Negatives:

It gets boring quite quickly. Maybe speed up the proximity prompt or make the distance slightly shorter.

Most of the houses seem to be floating, and the lines on the road are all over the place. The map is also quite empty, so try adding some scenery or mountains around it.

I wasn’t sure if the story just ended when the player reached the island, because I couldn’t seem to find the bed anywhere.

1 Like

I cut the proximity prompt time in half, Also I acknowledge I absolutly need to add more events that occur while building the bridge.

I did throw the city together quite fast, I absolutly agree with you.

I will work on somthing to better direct the player!

Thanks for the feedback. :grinning:

1 Like

Hey! Me and a new team of devs are working on a game. Currently we are a new group so we are not paying but we would be so delighted if you can work with us.

More info here: [OPEN] Update: Looking For Scripters and Builders For No Charge

The game is alright, but the audio has mentions of Death, Slavery, Nazis, and Hitler. Good luck not getting banned.

Sorry for being harsh, but I think that that’s a bypassed audio that plays midway through the game.

I like the personality of the game as you go across the bridge. Definitely keep that in your future projects.

At the start I didn’t know that you were supposed to click to continue and kept waiting u should fix dat

Played through it but when I went to sleep the world disappeared and I died :frowning:

I own a meme game with 2.6 million visits, and as a Memer, the game was pretty funni. Good job!

1 Like