My First Cutscene That Uses Blender Animation!

Hey, so I recently switched over from Moon Animator to Blender, and WOW I wish I wouldve switched sooner but basically I’ve been creating my very first few cutscenes with my new system some of whichh I even implemented into my live game, but anyway I’ve created my first ever one using animation I made in Blender so yeah hope you like it!

The reason it looks choppy is cause I really like that style

Some of my recent old posts:

7 Likes

It looks good, I do wish that you may improve the cutscene even more so people will like it more.

1 Like

BRO thank you so much, ever since I started roblox game development back in 2019 I always wanted to create narrative singleplayer games that would tell a great stoiry through cinematics like cutscenes, but I just was never a good animator but now I think I can really do that and I’m just so happy cause that kind of game just isn’t really on the platform

Cool! I feel like the body moves around a bit too much. The head especially.

1 Like

Yeah I was just trying to be expressive with the character acting, THANKS!

Btw I noticed it says your an animator have any tips for me on what to improve (animation wise) also what do you use to animate?
@Zini_h

Well, the body movement.
I use the built-in animation plugin on ROBLOX Studio.

1 Like

NEW CUTSCENES, BLENDER IS AMAZING!

This animation looks VERY GOOD! Nice job on it!

1 Like

@agentphilip07 THANKS PHILLIP W PHILLIP FR

Glad you made the switch!
It looks good, it seems like you know what you’re doing with the interpolation set to constant so it feels stop motion! One thing I would do however is set the “frame rate” to be lower i.e. animate the character on maybe 3s or 4s so that its a bit more choppy and you get the desired look, because right now it feels like its just a laggy normal animation, not a stop motion animation.

1 Like

Thanks man!

Also I dont have the keyframes at constant I use a neat trick within the Graph Editor that allows something called Stepped Interpolation modifier and it gives me that stop motion look, I’m still playing around with it but yeah it does look a bit laggy though

1 Like

I guess either way works! Doesn’t matter in the end, though. I might actually prefer your method over mine.

1 Like