My first GFX. (Banner)

Hello! Its great for your first try! Trying a gfx for the first time is really difficult (from my experience) I would suggest you watch this video. How To Make a GFX Youtube BANNER (for BEGINNERS) - YouTube Good luck!

1 Like

Don’t listen to them. My work was similar to yours when I started, it just takes practice, and motivation. Once you kept learning, you’ll get better and better. It takes time, Iv’e been doing Graphics for almost a year, and i’m still learning.

Overall, just keep practicing and learning, one day you"ll master it. Have a good day/night, and good luck!

3 Likes

Holy, I’ve seen more people say I’ve done terribly, but most people probably haven’t done it before. Rendering takes a long time, regardless of what you think. I thank the people who actually tried to give tips. Also, this was an experiment of how I could do without a tutorial.

2 Likes

Great! Although I’d recommend rendering your character and a background together.

There is no such thing as “bad” art. Art is subjective.

4 Likes

The question wasn’t about whether or not this guy can progress further, it was whether or not that piece of a photo was good or bad. I don’t think that anybody here said that He can’t do any better than this, “the fellowship of the ring”, you included - seem to miss that.

1 Like

Exactly!!! Art never has a right or a wrong!

2 Likes

Art isn’t as subjective as you say. There are certain characteristics that are objective in it. For instance, how it fits, a human eye can recognise whether or not an object fits the environment or not - such as by lighting, size, position, contrast, etc. all related to the background. Don’t spread myths, creating a comfort zone won’t make him make his artwork any better.

2 Likes

True, but nothing in art needs to fit together, really. Art is about what you feel. It doesn’t need to make sense in comparison to the real world. I want him to realize he shouldn’t be asking if it’s “good” or “bad”. There’s no such thing as bad art, as I said before.

Except that unfortunately for him there does exist bad art - such as the very piece of art he just created by the means I have introduced to you beforehand. If there are objective things inside art, then it can have an objective value, if it does have an objective value - even if just little - it automatically creates a distinction between “good” - the high objective value, and “bad” - the low objective value. Art does have indeed a lot of it, unless you go for a type of art that lacks any objective value - abstract art. If you want to go ahead and make abstract art, then you should stop trying to make art that resembles anything objective - this one has the streets, the figure, they do not blend, which makes it have an objective value, and due to its inconsistencies - it is low, making it bad.

2 Likes

At the very least, was the render good?

1 Like

You have to understand that he’s a beginner. He’s not gonna magically become an i5k when he starts graphics design. Sure, he did ask whether the artwork is good or bad, and it could use some work, but like what others are saying, art isn’t about good or bad, it’s subjective.

Learning a skill takes time, you have to understand that we all started from somewhere, and that practice makes perfect.

2 Likes

My first render was way worse than yours even though I used a tutorial, so I do believe that what you have stated is true.

Where have I said that he is not a beginner? Also, where is it written that due to the fact that he is unexperienced he must be free from any and all forms of criticism? This is a comfort zone - a counterproductive mental state that only stops him from improving himself. Keep telling him that he’s good for his level, and he will produce art of lower quality within a year than someone who had nobody to even say a thing about his own art in 9 months in many cases. He posted his art, he asked for criticism - and so he received it as ordered.

Try deciding what colour you want your image is going to be set the lights to something similar to the background or render it in blender. And I would strongly suggest using transparent background for the render. Also make sure you don’t make the reselution of the render to high

2 Likes

How do you make a background color or image? Can you use Blender or another application?

1 Like

Hiya. I’ve got some tips for the GFX. I would be more harsh if it wasn’t your first one, starting with how you cut the GFX out.

• Presuming you’re on Blender 2.8 or 2.9, go to the render properties and look for “Film”. Click the arrow next to it, and click transparent. This means that when you render, you can save the image with ONLY what is rendered. You will not have any background once you have enabled it.
    This is what you will see when it has been enabled.
  • Try to use a background which fits, e.g. import a roblox town into blender, and make your character stand on it. You need to make the lighting realistic for it to work, as well as give the character a good standing position. The position for the limbs is good for a 1st time, but you need to make it look like he is actually standing on it.
    After all of that, I believe that you have great potential, and I recently got into GFX too. The tutorial below is what I used for my first GFX. :smile:
    How to Make an ADVANCED GFX | HowToRoblox - YouTube
2 Likes

Did you make the background and the roblox character? If so A+ for effort, but I think you should render the character instead of putting an image. If you do this the character will be blended into the background. Also the top of the image has like fog on it, im not sure what that is, but good job!

This is better than my first render, it had like clipping and it was a mess. So good job considering this is your first one

1 Like

Keep in mind he is new to GFX and Blender is a complicated application to learn.

2 Likes

Hm. Yeah. That is true, but I don’t get why he would just put an image instead of importing a background also.

1 Like

Uh… that’s just your character photoshopped onto an image. If you built all that city stuff in the background, you should instert your character in with something like the plugin Load Character.

A GFX, I think, is a render usually showing your character that is put into an editing software and made to look better.