My First GFX Design

My First GFX

So, after a few hours of trying to learn about rendering, animations, blender, etc. I made this. As said in the title of this topic, this is my first GFX.

I tried to do something cool with “realism” and make the hair and grass look a bit realistic.

All feedback is welcome on this! Please be positive and don’t judge me, as this is my very first time. :slight_smile:

What I used:
https://www.blender.org/
https://hdrihaven.com/hdri/?c=skies&h=noon_grass

25 Likes

Looks awesome, I like the realistic background that fits with the render.

5 Likes

Thank you so much! Appreciate it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d say,
The character looks strange in there. The background Is realistic, The character Isn’t.

Other than that, It’s pretty Cool!

2 Likes

Thank you!

I was trying to make it look like the character was walking through the grass, haha. :slight_smile:

Oh. That’s pretty cool! lol.

And no problem

1 Like

What do you think of the camera angle? After looking at it again I’m not sure if I should move it so the character is in the middle…

1 Like

The character angle Is alright, It’s unique. Most are always in the middle so It looks prety nice.

Ok going to bed now it’s 11:00PM at night, So see you around in the forums.

1 Like

Alright, thank you again! See ya around. :zzz:

1 Like

What great first gfx. It’s very simple but good. It fits very nicely.

1 Like

Overall it is pretty good but the realistic background just doesn’t go with roblox characters. It would be cool if you added more props and scenery. It is also a little weird that the character has no head.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the feedback! I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Oh, that’s just Headless Head lol. I could try to add some props. Any in mind?

Maybe some flowers, houses, trees. For the background it should be more of a ‘roblox’ forest scene.

1 Like

True. I was just kinda lazy and didn’t understand how to build in it. Anytime I insert a build the textures go all weird, lol. And it’s annoying to have to insert them manually.

I will admit, I can see where the front ground begins, and the background ends. I can see a overall shift between them in lining of contrast.

1 Like

Looks really creative as @n01ton mentioned. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

It’s actually a pretty nice start for a beginner, a lot of them doesn’t know how to create realistic grass yet, but there’s still a couple ways to make it even better. First of all, I’d recommend you to use a proper R6 rig, it’s much more easier and faster than posing it one by one with a R15 character. You can learn more about this in YouTube by searching roblox GFX tutorials. Besides that, I think that the grass isn’t realistic enough and it doesn’t blend in with the background. The color of the grass are a bit different. Overall, nice job, the lightings are pretty nice, keep up the nice work!

1 Like

The hdri (i guess) mix up with environment so well, grass also looks good and the lightning is very good pretty nice work !

1 Like

Yeah, I tried to blend it as best as possible lol. That’s just the HDRI.