My First GUI, Good or Bad?

Hello, right now I am currently developing a horror game called ‘Song Of Harmony.’ I’ve viewed many tutorials and I can say I learned a lot about GUI. I just wanted to know if the intro for my game is good so far? I personally feel as though I need to make a better background and add more to the menu (design).

https://ws.onehub.com/files/e1ux5rnh

here’s another link if you’d rather look at it on YouTube…

28 Likes

damn it was pretty sick if you ask me and the background audio too it already give me a goosebumps

5 Likes

Looks great! It really fits with the music

2 Likes

Looks Good! Its kind of small.

1 Like

Looks great!. I got scared when the lamppost lights started blinking, haha. I would add one more lamp post in the back, at the end of the street.The falling snow gave a more realistic air to the scene, and the music added more fear. Great work for your first GUI!

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback, I personally think the size is alright, but Imma see if I can make the Text GUI a tad bit bigger.

1 Like

Look great! You could improve it by fading it black then fading it back into the game when you press play.

1 Like

I plan too! Thank you for the suggestion!

For your first GUI that looks really good, and I am impressed with it wish I could make a GUI like that.

1 Like

Appreciate the compliment and if I was to give you a suggestion, just practice using Photoshop and you’ll get the hang of it quick!

woah! not bad, Your first GUI looks very good :open_mouth:

1 Like

I’ve tried so many times but Photoshop can just be a pain.

1 Like

Tuff, I would say try to starting with basic GFX, like making game thumbnails, icons, logos, etc.

Uh, I kinda hate to say this but I kinda already did… lol

1 Like

UI looks good, but I wouldn’t make those lampposts flicker as much because it looks unrealitsic.

1 Like

Thanks! I made the second lamppost stop flickering and added a flickering lamppost in the far back (but you probably won’t be able to see it well).

Even if it wasn’t your first GUI, I would still personally say that it was good!
Maybe making it bigger could make it look better? I kinda feel like its too small (just my opinion of course.)
Believe me, this is ALOT better than my first GUI lol.

1 Like