My game does not appear when searching for its own genre

I have a sandbox tycoon game, Store Empire. If you search “Tycoon” and load 4000+ games, it will not show my game, despite the game appearing in the Home page under the Tycoon genre sometimes. My game contains “Tycoon” in the description.
I added the word Tycoon into the title in the past, and the game would sometimes pop up no higher up than 2500th when you search “Tycoon”.

My game isn’t a huge game, but at 240 CCU / 38M visits / 85% ratio / Good analytics, it should show up in search at least in top few hundred.

Here is my game not showing up in the top 4000 results:

Here is my game in the Tycoon genre sort on my home page:

Here are examples of several games that appear in the top 500:

Links to these gems:
Naruto Tycoon 0 CCU | 55% | Updated 2020
WaterPark tycoon! 0 CCU | 35% | Updated 2022
Zombie Tycoon 1 CCU | 33% | Updated 2019
2 Player Star Wars Tycoon :milky_way: 0 CCU | 53% | Updated 2022
Dino Park Tycoon :t_rex: 0 CCU | 55% | Updated 2021
super fun tycoon with cars and music 0 CCU | 41% | Updated 2017

Expected behavior

My game should appear if you search for “Tycoon”, as Roblox literally identifies it as a Tycoon game. It should appear maybe in the top 250 as there are <10 CCU games at that level already.

2 Likes

There are a lot of Tycoon games and this game is not highly popular. This is causing search ranking to not perform best in this scenario. We will look into ways to improve it in the future.

2 Likes

It got 6000-7000 players at its peak and had 450 last weekend. How popular must it be to get on the search page?

1 Like

I’ve noticed that the discovery page recommends games with horrible ratings and almost no players on. Is this going to be addressed? Games with players on and a decent to good rating should be pushed towards the top based on keywords and genre however they are not.

Yea this is a very annoying problem. My game is a tycoon too and it never shows up when i search it. My game is called “Cult Tycoon” and when i search it up Blox fruits comes up and mine never does. Lol.