My game idea (Of Beats and Shapes)

Hello, people of Dev Forum I have a game idea and tell me what should I add or remove or need more detail.

So the game will be called Blox and Sounds it’s based off of beats and shapes.

What is Beats and shapes? is a chaotic co-op musical based on three simple things: avoid Shapes , move to the rad Beats , and die, repeatedly.

What my game is about: You start out as teen named Max or if you are a girl your name will be Zilly.
Intro You start out with talking to your mom about you joining the army and help fight evil (Meaning Monsters, army and all that.)Skip You and her have a fight about you going. (She does not want to you to go). You then leave the house you go out and talk with some of your friends. (DevNetCheese, Zoe, Zilly <–name will be switch with ever person you choose, and King.)

The talk
Max/Zilly: Hey, guy’s how are you today?
Zoe: Good, so how did the talk with your mom go?
Max/Zilly: It did not go so well.
DevNetCheese: Well, that’s mothers for you.
Max/Zilly: Ya I know she’s just wants me to be safe.
King: Don’t worry she will get our it besides you will have DevNetCheese with you.
DevNetCheese: YAY! Don’t worry I will have your back.
Max/Zilly: Thank you, DevNetCheese.
DevNetCheese: No problem I got to go tho.
Zoe: Where are you going?
DevNetCheese: No where that you need to know bye~
King: Ok, then bye…
Max/Zilly: He’s need acting weird
Zoe: Ya I know…
Max/Zilly: I think I will not go to the arm-

There was a scream in the town about monsters attacking your town on the East Side (Where your home is) You soon run and see if your mom is ok as soon as you get there you see monsters There was a fight. You then make it home everything was broken chairs where flipped, Glass broken You scream for your mom but no answer. You then hear another scream You run out and… you see your mother laying there dead…

So far that’s mostly what I have there will be more bites and and added parts into this tell me what you think about it?
There will be seasons to this so be ready.
There will be music over each screen

1 Like

Hi @DevNetCheese! Before making your game try fleshing it out a bit more. It is a good idea, and the story sounds interesting, but the game itself seems really short. I might not be understanding the idea completely which is why it sounds short to me, so can you please specify a little bit more about what you are actually doing in the game itself.
I’m guessing the game will rely a lot on music since you are a composer, which is mainly why I’m interested in the game. Lastly, good luck!

3 Likes

Oh, I would but that would give away the whole story but I will say this. Why did I leave? If you find that out you will find out why am there.

1 Like

I’m having trouble discerning how the gameplay and story are meant to connect. Could you elaborate on that?

Additionally, it might be better to flesh out the gameplay some more for our understanding.

This is currently all we know about the gameplay. What are the shapes? Where do they come from? How do you move around? What are these beats? Do you have to move with them or are you just rewarded for it?

3 Likes

I feel like you shouldn’t have too much of a story, since it could end up dragging the rest of the game down by even a bit. The idea itself sounds fun, being inspired by Beats and Shapes, I hope to see it come to full fruition.

All-in-all, keep making your ideas friend.

1 Like

The shapes are going to be the evil people. Where do they come from? Well, that’s going to be in the story in season two there is I don’t want to give away much as this will be like you have will have to find that out by playing but what I can say is what I say to water is… Why did DevNetCheese leave? How do you move around? You move around how you move around in roblox… What are these beats? The beats will be made by me so hype some sad am not really sure yet.

Now the last part… you don’t have to move with them it is mostly a free move around the game.

The thing is that’s only the intro of the game it’s not even close to the end.

It may just be the intro but it could still get people to click off very quickly because of it, since it seems like it’d be one really long cutscene just to play a game. Certain games like Roses do cutscenes really well, since they need them, I feel if you want to have any story, it should be after the player has chosen to look into it, through some sort of menu, or button prompt.

Edit: However, this is just my opinion, cheers!

@DevNetCheese

2 Likes

There will be am still working on this whole idea really.

I honestly have to disagree with you @supergonks. Though I see what you are saying, in my opinion, a story in a game like this would honestly be perfect, because without a story you wouldn’t really know why “shapes” are attacking you.
Like you said, that is your opinion, and I can see why someone would think that.

1 Like

@watermelonroach Not many people would look too deeply into why these geometric shapes are suddenly attacking you, it’s why the player should choose rather than be moved into the story without any prompt for them, since this game, could end up like any Call of Duty, seeing as some of that franchises’ playerbase goes straight to multiplayer, rather than investing into the story.

Though I do understand why you may want one since again, there are the few that do look deeply into video games and why things in that game are happening the way they are.

2 Likes

Ok so if I’m understanding right, it’s a standard roblox game where you walk about and try not to touch these blocks that I presume move toward you?

That’s what Im getting from the explanation, I’m not sure how correct this interpretation is.

1 Like

Yeah that’s me! I love story games (specifically horror), which is personally why I would think “Why are these shapes attacking me?!” I can see your concern, but if executed correctly you could have a story like Undertale/Deltarune (which use great music, as well).

1 Like

Ok, so basically these shapes or monster are attacking your town no you don’t walk and try not to touch these blocks you walk around and fight them you join up with some of your friends the NPCs and you fight to stop them. With each fight there will be a beat with each attack or move you or the shape you are fighting.

I can understand that but I want a game where it is something you have to find out something like a myth I want people to be ready and try find things out and have fun don’t worry some hits will be drop here and there. I know my game won’t many players playing it but still that won’t stop me I want to create something that people have not really seen and for fun.

Ah, so there’s combat? Rhythm-based combat could be fun, although I wonder i it might have dissonance with such a dark story introduction.

2 Likes

I’m not saying you shouldn’t, I’m all for the idea, I’m just simply trying to itterate that not everyone would be invested in a story, so having two different modes they could select from, one being the story, the other being a multi-player or offline-mode where they could play by themselves or with their friends would let players not be stuck facing the same enemies time and time again because there was only one mode.

Cheers, hope you succeed!

1 Like

Alright, got it will do thank you. ^.^

Twisted and turns I wonder why I left…

1 Like

Before, I forget some other ideas.

• There will be live events which means (It will block off-line mode and everyone will get to see it happening live no matter where you are at.
  • You will be allowed to trade iteams.
  • You will have pets.

Am still looking for some more things I should add or remove or put more into detail.