My game is creating a malicious script

Hello, my game is creating a script named Roblox Studio Welder, when i try remove those scripts ( I remove many times those script) they just come back. this is the code all their have

getfenv()‘require’()

when i enter in the game this appear in the output

and really is there, and when i remove it. just appear agein in other character. i dont now if i remove all the characters will stop but i need then.

Now the second part. maybe the Roblox Studio Welder is random thing that i dont need to worry about but. when i enter this script appears

its namede “logs”

this script is scarying me because, he haves somes bad words in it.
i aldery disable all the plugins and check my own scripts. and have nothing wrong in it. This is hard to detect. OBS: They just appears in the characters that have custom mesh that i made. and not in normal characters

2 Likes

Hi. Have you been using models from toolbox? If yes, check if some of them don’t have malicious script in them. Other possibility is you have malicious plugin installed, disable all your plugins, restart studio, and check, whether the generated script still appears.

2 Likes

Hello, since you said you’ve already disabled all plugins. Don’t only disable plugins through the toggle, go to your plugins folder and delete those as well. There also might be a malicious script in your game, don’t only look at your scripts, look at all the scripts in your game. You likely used a free model from the toolbox, get a virus cleaner to remove these viruses. I’ve heard Server Defender is a good one, I’m not sure though because I don’t use free models. These anti-viruses aren’t 100% accurate so make sure to do a deep dive into all the scripts you have in your game.

1 Like

No im not using nothing from toolbox :I and i aldery disable all plugins and restart studio

1 Like

I dont use from toolbox and my game dont have many scripts, so i verified all. my game just have vfx and meshes

1 Like

i download the plugin and no virus got found i remove all plugins it say to remove on my inventory but nothing changes

1 Like

Did you open every item in your workspace?

Go to the top of your Explorer window and type classname:script and search, then type classname:localscript. This should look through every single item, subfolder, sound, service etc. to find scripts and localscripts. If you find something you didn’t add you need to delete it.
Also have you ever had Team Create on in your place, or given anyone else access to it? If you did and they were using a malicious Plugin it could have injected a script into your place.

2 Likes

It looks like there are a number of items made by that user of which two showed up in this inventory:

Inventory items that include the malicious ones

All of these should probably be checked.

1 Like

Try your plugins folder. As to my knowledge, it’s currently not possible to create a script and insert code into it using a script so you probably have a plugin issue.

1 Like

Use ctrl + shift + f to search all scripts in your game. You could search for part of the name of that script.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can do that now with ScriptEditorService if it’s been made usable yet.

For OP:

Do you have anyone else working with you on your game?

1 Like

yes, and no one have access to it

thanks for that, its help alot too

Hey guys i found a tip. i create other game and put all my script in there. nothing happens and the malicious script dont appear. but when i put models (The models dont have any script in it) just appear the script named Roblox Studio Welder that i was talking. and then appears the script Logs. so i can say that somes models just can support roblox studio anymore i think. but that strange.

Delete every script Except for your scripts in the game. thats what i did and it worked for me

but the game just have my scripts and no more. btw i have some trouble if my own script but nothing important that is dangerous

1 Like

It’s got to be a script or plugin somewhere in your game that only searches for Models and when it finds a Model it welds it.

Wait, do you have the “Join Surfaces” tool checked on? If so try unchecking the box. It should only weld Parts as you are building though.

@ExercitusMortem using the Explorer Search tool with the terms I mentioned in my post 3 above yours will search for the classname Script (or LocalScript). This search means you can search for scripts that have had their Name changed.

Its not a weld its a script named. Roblox Studio Weld and i dont have join surfaces on. btw is not a plugin. i remove all from my inventory

One thing you can try (if you haven’t already) when your game is open is this:

• open your viewport and within that viewport window type Ctrl P and a window will open

• in the top right corner of the window that pops up choose ‘scripts only’ from the little pull down menu

This will show you every script - even ones you may not realize you have hiding somewhere. Look through that list for anything that looks out of place.

You may not find anything but it’s worth a try to get that list to look through.

But what I said is it is a script or a plugin.
That’s why I keep suggesting you use the classname search. A script may have been imbedded deep in your original game (by a previous free model or free model) and because it’s still there it’s inserting the Roblox Studio Welder script into items.
You’ve pretty much proven this because you said "i create other game and put all my script in there. nothing happens and the malicious script dont appear.

Try clicking on the script to see what it says, then copy/paste it here so people can read what the script is actually doing. Put 3 backticks (```) before and after the script so it formats properly.